Jump to content

Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spring Cleaning time!!   I fell behind in deleting the old posts in the old topic. After deleting 10 pages (one post click at a time) I decided

Here she is - the new $60 baby: I haven't been working in 1:12 in a long time, but this will be fun break in between 1:48 projects. It seems so HUGE

So I have to update you all on the latest.  Last night we were putting the Christmas decoration boxes back into the attic.  We started cleaning out some items to donate and trash un

Posted Images

I find this one very cheerfully decorated - despite the house being a bit ramshackle - but it's charming and seems like it was loved.

https://salem.craigslist.org/tag/d/salem-customized-antique-dollhouse/6821251372.html

 

I wouldn't call it Antique tho, and I think they have overpriced it by $300+ dollars, tbh. But I still see the charm and joy that was put into collecting for it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I find this one very cheerfully decorated - despite the house being a bit ramshackle - but it's charming and seems like it was loved.

https://salem.craigslist.org/tag/d/salem-customized-antique-dollhouse/6821251372.html

 

I wouldn't call it Antique tho, and I think they have overpriced it by $300+ dollars, tbh. But I still see the charm and joy that was put into collecting for it.

This is a Skilcraft kit house. The siding is plastic sheets and has paper shingles. But a nice sturdy house of 1/4" plywood. Like you said, can tell it was loved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Other than the ship lap and barn board flooring, I don't see much of Joanna's hand --- all the walls are still in place! :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I find this one very cheerfully decorated - despite the house being a bit ramshackle - but it's charming and seems like it was loved.

https://salem.craigslist.org/tag/d/salem-customized-antique-dollhouse/6821251372.html

It would be a whole lot more charming in my eyes if they had taken a bit of time to make the curtains drape realistically. Nothing screams "not real" more than curtains puffing all over the place. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I find this one very cheerfully decorated - despite the house being a bit ramshackle - but it's charming and seems like it was loved.

https://salem.craigslist.org/tag/d/salem-customized-antique-dollhouse/6821251372.html

 

I wouldn't call it Antique tho, and I think they have overpriced it by $300+ dollars, tbh. But I still see the charm and joy that was put into collecting for it.

I really love the crochet rugs and table coverings. This is a sweet house <3

Link to post
Share on other sites

This poor thing is in rough shape. I have seen this CL ad since before Christmas, and I always feel bad for the house when I see it.:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/bab/d/fraser-doll-house-from-the-1950s/6814863338.html

 

I assume it's a custom house. It looks like it would be fun to restore. I really find it interesting there are screw in light fixtures. Maybe they used Christmas bulbs or something?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

A landscaped Granville - all the shingles applied for ya - for $100.

https://yakima.craigslist.org/art/d/cle-elum-handmade-dollhouse/6816009809.html

I like the colonial blue with dark shutters. I like it!

I definitely would get this one if I were in the west coast. Nice chance to own a Granville, maybe for $80 since they are considering offers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

A landscaped Granville - all the shingles applied for ya - for $100.

That's a steal of a deal.  I paid way more than that for mine still in the box, and so did many other members on this site that bought one in the past year or so off ebay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Seller says this is a custom build - but it looks like RGT's Montclair - what say you?

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/bab/d/oregon-city-doll-house-custom-made-with/6828385303.html

It's a Montclair.

9 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

That's a steal of a deal.  I paid way more than that for mine still in the box, and so did many other members on this site that bought one in the past year or so off ebay.

I might think about getting it if I didn't have to dogsled over the mountains for it. I think Cle Elum is on the other side of the Cascade Mountains. And after my little adventure just trying to get up the road to my lot, I'm all about staying home and enjoying the snow by just watching it fall - not by driving in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019, 6:54:42, rodentraiser said:

It's a Montclair.

I might think about getting it if I didn't have to dogsled over the mountains for it. I think Cle Elum is on the other side of the Cascade Mountains. And after my little adventure just trying to get up the road to my lot, I'm all about staying home and enjoying the snow by just watching it fall - not by driving in it.

Prior to settling down with the Beacon Hill that finally appeared less than a few miles from me, I'd have gone to Yakima for this. BUT...I am happily settled now with all the houses I expect to have until I...dah dah duhnnnn...die.  That sounds morbid, but  in the future - if you saw my house collection you'd know I died happy. 

Also, it's really nice not to crave houses - the Beacon stopped my 1:1 cravings. Do not get me started on the 1:48 cravings, though.

:cucumber:

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@maudeflanagan : Wow!  That is the kind of house that just kills me to pass by!  I want to take them all home like a lost puppy!  LOL  It would be such a great play house - nearly indestructible with such thick walls! I bet it weighs a ton!!  I would guess, too, that it had Christmas lights.....but I am wondering if there is even access to the electrical?  At any rate...sure hope someone can find it in their heart to try and give the ol' girl another life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mid-life madness "I am intrigued by this house as well. It kind of reminds me of those abandoned sanatoriums you see on those ghost hunters shows."

:ohyeah: Carrie- Maybe that is why I love those kind of dollhouses because our family LOVES those ghost-hunting shows!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

What IS it with Phoenix and the dollhouses there anyway?

You would be saying the same thing about Las Vegas if something happens to me....My husband and kids would have them posted before my body is released from the coroner!

Seriously though, they have a pretty active miniaturists community in Arizona, I think they have a museum there as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jbnmini said:

I thought it would be neat to have an entire basement or garage and do a whole street(both sides with a road in the middle) of different houses.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I thought it would be neat to have an entire basement or garage and do a whole street(both sides with a road in the middle) of different houses.  

Keith, about 35+ years ago, there was a miniature shop in San Jose which was a part shop, part museum. For a fee, you could go along behind the shop and look at what I think were hundreds of room boxes set into the walls (two of which I know were Brooke Tucker room boxes). The big draw, though, was Phelan City. Phelan City was made up of tables and you could walk through (where the "streets" were) and look at all the businesses and residential houses. Sidewalks went around each table and it was just the most awesome thing to see. Nutshell News even mentioned Phelan City once and I know it was at the Good Sam show at least once, if not more often.

I've been trying to find out for years what happened to that collection. The room boxes alone must have been worth a small fortune.

 

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

You would be saying the same thing about Las Vegas if something happens to me....My husband and kids would have them posted before my body is released from the coroner!

Seriously though, they have a pretty active miniaturists community in Arizona, I think they have a museum there as well.

 

I didn't know about their miniature community. It just seemed like every time I looked there, I saw a lot of nice houses for sale. There really hasn't been anything earthshaking here in the PNW for at least 3 or 4years now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jbnmini said:

@rodentraiserhttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tag/d/tucson-3-doll-houses-vintage-wood/6810635828.html  This one cracks me up Kelly- "Entire subdivision...." :giggle:  But dang- that's a nice Artply Barrington!

I wondered if anyone would catch that! You get 22 Brownie points and a good karma.

Oh, by the way, they're never on Craig's List, but PA also has a ton of nice houses when I see them on eBay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...