Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On 6/20/2018, 9:03:45, minilover62 said:

I took the plunge and will pick up this one this afternoon, not sure yet how I will finish it. It is for a very active girl, so the idea of using basic style for now will probably do. When she gets older it can be updated.... https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tag/d/doll-house/6592614951.html

Awww, I wanted to see which one you went for Carmen but it has been deleted. Hope you'll post pictures...

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

Awww, I wanted to see which one you went for Carmen but it has been deleted. Hope you'll post pictures...

I chose the one close to me, that has this design, but mine will have a different finish. Since my friend's grand-daughter loves the Little Mermaid, i will make it like an Ariel's house, with a like color pallet. I already cleaned the house, and next step will be prime it, because it was started a long time ago I was told. It was in excellent shape. 

00D0D_eFp4sKrcfsl_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

I guess it gets around the problems of very little children playing with it and destroying the windows and doors (although the dolls and furnishings are still at risk...)

Emily thanks for the magnolia posting i think that will be my next house and was thinking about small half windows on the bay side . Now I know what it looks like .Still struggling with the upstairs just don't really like the separation between the two rooms . Any one change the top floor on the Magnolia?

7 hours ago, minilover62 said:

This is the first time that I see a house like this. It took me a few minutes to realize what was going on, have you seen this before? https://wausau.craigslist.org/for/d/doll-house/6621621122.html

I like it! In studying it, the thought occurred to me that if one were to replace the wooden front and back walls of a house with Plexiglas with appropriate openings for installation of doors and windows, one could get the same effect and have a dust-free house at the same time. :)  And not have to deal with the sometimes tedious siding or bricking on the two biggest walls. :D 

On 6/21/2018, 7:54:46, minilover62 said:

I chose the one close to me, that has this design, but mine will have a different finish. Since my friend's grand-daughter loves the Little Mermaid, i will make it like an Ariel's house, with a like color pallet. I already cleaned the house, and next step will be prime it, because it was started a long time ago I was told. It was in excellent shape. 

00D0D_eFp4sKrcfsl_1200x900.jpg

I didn't see anyone mention this yet, but that is the sister house to the Houseworks front-opening Victorian. Besides the Georgian, they made this one called the Colonial. It's actually a Garrison house because of how the second floor overlaps the first on the front. You know, I think this style fits the house better than having a bay window on the front.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018‎ ‎6‎:‎09‎:‎21‎, WestPaces said:

Hmm......might end up on The Antiques Roadshow someday? Interpretations anyone

Now that is downright creepy, I cannot imagine the designer..I wish I had not looked....

12 minutes ago, Thimble Hall said:

Now that is downright creepy, I cannot imagine the designer..I wish I had not looked....

It’s incongruous and disturbing, but I think that’s the artist's intent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dalesq said:

It’s incongruous and disturbing, but I think that’s the artist's intent.

I know! The outside is beautiful and idyllic and the inside is indescribable..... You really never know what goes on behind closed doors. It is fascinating to think about what the artist's intent was. Like @havanahollysaid, only the artists knows for sure.......

One of Lloyd's former students was John Scott, who became an internationally known New Orleans artist and educator, now deceased.  In one of his periods he did a series of baby doll heads pretty much skewered with horseshoe nails. I saw them at one of his exhibits as the New Orleans Museum of Art. They were very disturbing. Dark, very dark. I wanted to ask him about his motivation/inspiration for the series but after the exhibit we only saw him in his hospital room in Houston, where he was recovering from his 2nd double lung transplant. I didn't think it an appropriate subject for a bedside discussion.  

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I didn't see anyone mention this yet, but that is the sister house to the Houseworks front-opening Victorian. Besides the Georgian, they made this one called the Colonial. It's actually a Garrison house because of how the second floor overlaps the first on the front. You know, I think this style fits the house better than having a bay window on the front.

Surfing on the web, I came up with this exact information about this house. It looks that this particular style was favored around here, because what a coincidence that I found two of the same at the same time, and no more anywhere else. I agree with you about the Colonial style with no Bay windows fitting better the house.:cheezy: