Jump to content

Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spring Cleaning time!!   I fell behind in deleting the old posts in the old topic. After deleting 10 pages (one post click at a time) I decided

Here she is - the new $60 baby: I haven't been working in 1:12 in a long time, but this will be fun break in between 1:48 projects. It seems so HUGE

So I have to update you all on the latest.  Last night we were putting the Christmas decoration boxes back into the attic.  We started cleaning out some items to donate and trash un

Posted Images

Jenn, I wonder, if there is the possibility that your e-mail to the Beacon Hill craigslist seller went into the spam folder or perhaps the seller's reply(replies) have gone to your spam folder.

Here is one of our craigslist stories:  A few months ago, we put an offer in on a Dura Craft Alpine kit.  We told the seller it would be later in the week before we could meet with him to pay for it and pick it up.  Not long after, we saw that he lowered the Craigslist price even lower than what we offered to pay.  Finally, the day before we would be in the seller's city we e-mailed and arranged to buy the kit for the new lower price.  The next morning we texted to confirm meeting time and place, but when we arrived he was not there.  We texted again and he said he forgot we were coming.  He eventually showed up 45 minutes later with the kit.  We had a quick and pleasant meeting with him.  The kit was as advertised and he even covered the kit box in a large plastic bag so it would not get wet in the rain.

We still wonder why he lowered the price.  Perhaps, he did not think we were serious about buying it.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thriftymini said:

Jenn, I wonder, if there is the possibility that your e-mail to the Beacon Hill craigslist seller went into the spam folder or perhaps the seller's reply(replies) have gone to your spam folder.

Here is one of our craigslist stories:  A few months ago, we put an offer in on a Dura Craft Alpine kit.  We told the seller it would be later in the week before we could meet with him to pay for it and pick it up.  Not long after, we saw that he lowered the Craigslist price even lower than what we offered to pay.  Finally, the day before we would be in the seller's city we e-mailed and arranged to buy the kit for the new lower price.  The next morning we texted to confirm meeting time and place, but when we arrived he was not there.  We texted again and he said he forgot we were coming.  He eventually showed up 45 minutes later with the kit.  We had a quick and pleasant meeting with him.  The kit was as advertised and he even covered the kit box in a large plastic bag so it would not get wet in the rain.

We still wonder why he lowered the price.  Perhaps, he did not think we were serious about buying it.    

What a strange story! But you got the lower price - nice!! I have sent 2 emails, using different email addresses, checked my spam...all to no avail. Either the seller just isn't responsive, unaware that emails are coming in, or it has sold. Oh well. It isn't as if I need another house, I just couldn't resist it at this price. It IS funny to see the price go lower and lower than what I offered - lol! Nothing I can do! I am actually laughing it off now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I used a different email account just to see if that would help - and heard back from seller...house is still available. I can't get it until this weekend due to work, but if it is meant to be, then I just may have my built Beacon Hill later this week. That would be the last house on my miniature-bucket list. I will be complete! lol! So I say. It needs plenty of finish work, but it looks to have everything done that I never can do myself. We shall see! The price is just right.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic Jenn!... How wierd about the email account? Wonder what that was all about. Maybe it was going into their spam box. I hope you get it :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it I got it I got it I got it --it is here with me now --and it is even better in person. It seems to have real copper on the dormers! Needs some TLC but well built and someone used wood filler for smooth joints on exterior. Well shingled. Missing two window inserts but trim is all there and well sanded. Interior is primed but unfinished. Oh except the staircase...they tried to finish the hallways wirh green marble and gold(???) weird BUT I so love this house.

I got it for $60. Seller even delivered (!!!!). It was destined for me. My Beacon Hill is finally here --love it. Collection feels complete at last. Cross this one off my bucket list! Its such an impressive house --I see why it is a favorite. Oh but question --why is tower designed to be closed up?? Every room counts in a dollhouse...I'm so surprised it isn't designed to be a real room. I'm trying to figure out how to convert that to an open room. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

...I'm trying to figure out how to convert that to an open room. 

If I were building the kit I would carefully cut and hinge whichever wall gave me least conspicuous access.  Since it's already built, perhaps you could do this with one of the tower walls (the joy of the thin wood used to make these kits is that it cuts easily!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay Jenn! I'm so excited for you! And how awesome he delivered too!! 

I just went and looked at my tower, and there's a piece I didn't punch out, which would have made the third story hallway go all the way up into the tower. My plan, when I get back to it, is to leave that piece there to create a floor, and then cut out the back part of the tower roof between the supports. Somewhere here has done that, although I can't remember who, and it makes a nice little room. 

So, even already built, you should be able to do that by carefully cutting out that back roof, and adding a floor. :)

 Have fun!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here she is - the new $60 baby:

large.my_beacon.JPG.f6493f81c4a1e7ee1640

I haven't been working in 1:12 in a long time, but this will be fun break in between 1:48 projects. It seems so HUGE! 

The house has great sturdy bones and I like the exterior as it is - so I will just be repairing and accessorizing it (and replacing the windowboxes). The interior is primed but blank (except for green marbelized staircases...interesting choice). It's going to take some effort to decorate but it will be fun. I am amazed at how impressive this house is in person. It is so wonderfully Second Empire.

Totally worth the 10 year wait.

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are our Los Angeles members here? I found this on Offerup in LA.

 

This is a lot like RGT's front-opening Victorian, but it's 4" longer and that means more room in the kitchen area. And for this price, it's a steal:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/400911127/?ref=Search

 

And can you believe this one? A kid's house? It's the ACP Queen Anne Rowhouse, although I have no idea if it has the back and side doors. I'm dyin' here, people!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/378276770/?ref=Search

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Where are our Los Angeles members here? I found this on Offerup in LA.

 

This is a lot like RGT's front-opening Victorian, but it's 4" longer and that means more room in the kitchen area. And for this price, it's a steal:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/400911127/?ref=Search

 

And can you believe this one? A kid's house? It's the ACP Queen Anne Rowhouse, although I have no idea if it has the back and side doors. I'm dyin' here, people!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/378276770/?ref=Search

I made Cheryl's Place by House That Jack Built. Wonderful kit and wood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Where are our Los Angeles members here? I found this on Offerup in LA.

 

This is a lot like RGT's front-opening Victorian, but it's 4" longer and that means more room in the kitchen area. And for this price, it's a steal:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/400911127/?ref=Search

 

And can you believe this one? A kid's house? It's the ACP Queen Anne Rowhouse, although I have no idea if it has the back and side doors. I'm dyin' here, people!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/378276770/?ref=Search

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is ACP... the seller of this hose is about 20 miles from me but I can't find any images of the house complete.  They also have another house but she hasn't answered me about the make or model of that one.  She/He has a box of parts and those cost extra.   The other house is stunning- the one from House that Jack Built

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is ACP... the seller of this hose is about 20 miles from me but I can't find any images of the house complete.  They also have another house but she hasn't answered me about the make or model of that one.  She/He has a box of parts and those cost extra.   The other house is stunning- the one from House that Jack Built

I'm not sure what ACP (American Craft something?) stands for either - but if you google Queen Anne Rowhouse dollhouse kit - I think you can see the finished house:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/302726406176576224/

med_gallery_5552_5171_2235842.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I'm not sure what ACP (American Craft something?) stands for either - but if you google Queen Anne Rowhouse dollhouse kit - I think you can see the finished house:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/302726406176576224/

 

 

I don't remember the Queen Anne having a basement like that, though. I think it just has a a 3" base.

Edited by fov
removed photo from quote so people don't have to load it twice
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is ACP... the seller of this hose is about 20 miles from me but I can't find any images of the house complete.  They also have another house but she hasn't answered me about the make or model of that one.  She/He has a box of parts and those cost extra.   The other house is stunning- the one from House that Jack Built

Well, this ad was put on two months ago, so it may be she either already sold the house or just threw it out. I need to start looking at some more recent ads. I saw on in the Arizona area for a Walmer Alexandria Townhouse and that was from 7 months ago. That's not a very common dollhouse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...