Hofco House

Angela

:lol: Hi Hello All! I am new to this forum. I joined because I was doing a Google search on Hofco House, miniature dollhouses. I went thru a few sites, on inparticular addressed the topic of "building your first dollhouse". It DID mention the Hofco company as being a small company, but made a very dollhouse which was heavy w/1/8-1/4 inch wood, and separate"fixtures" that were very well crafted. It went on to say that these doll houses usually are priced at the high end. Circa 1987. Then I looked at and old post from this site, mentioning the Hofco house. Well thats why I'm here.

I have a New in the shipping box, Hofco house, which is the Classic Victorian, #214. I bought it at a dollhouse store in the mid 80's, and never put it together.

I did open the box and looked at the pieces,(which are all marked by hand)and took out the instructions. After reading it, I felt it was too complicated, and I didn't have the time to devote to building it.

So, its been over 20 years, since I bought it, and it still sits in the box, unbuilt.

Edited by My Mini Shop

Welcome to the Forum Angela!! So tell us, do you have a house that you are interested in building or do you have another house? We would LOVE to hear about it!!

I have seen some of the Hofco houses and they go for a pretty penny on ebay for sure!

:D Thanks for the Welcome, My Minishop!

Right now I'm a new Buyer on Ebay, not a seller yet.

If anyone is interested, I do have the details and dimentions of the house.

I have to get new batteries for my digital camera, then I can post a pic.

BTW, I had purchased at a Dollhouse show, alot of mini furniture and accessories for the house, and sadly B) I never used them). I still have them all boxed in original boxes too. My plan for the house, was to make it the house of the town Doctor. He would have had an office in the front room, with charts, desk, high back chair, and examing room equipment. I nearly bought the custom made mini doctor doll, from one of the artists at the show, but I didn't want to pay $125.00 for a minidoll.......I could go on and on, but I'll save it for next time. :lol:

• 3 years later...

It's been a while since this thread was started and I hope you're still involved in this wonderful hobby. I have inherited a house that is partially done with no instructions. It's a Hofco house from the '80's. My dad said he paid $800 back then so I really want to finish it instead of having collect (more!) dust.

Do you have pictures? Unfortunately, there's no name, no instructions, nothing to go on since the company is out of business and I've been pulling hair trying to just identify this house. It's a two story with attic and a wall that swings open in the front (I think. That part's not assembled.) I do have an add-0n room with port top that says it's from Hofco. That's why I think the whole thing is from Hofco.

Any ideas? Anyone at all!

Thank you,

Sharlene

Welcome Sharlene! :rofl:

If you look up <in the search function>one of our member's here Newt - she catalogued a great many dollhouse kits/pictures - it is a fabulous source for identifying dollhouses.

Hope it helps. Also, after you make 5 posts in the forum, you can start your own gallery and post pictures of your dollhouse. Someone here is bound to have some ideas about it.

• 4 months later...

Hi! This sounds like a Hofco House Victorian. My mom bought one around that time -- it was #174. You can see a similar version here, maybe this looks like your house?

http://www.dollhousejunction.com/product/432.aspx

It's actually not that difficult to build but I understand if you don't have the time. Let me know if you have questions. All the best!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 13 years later...

Hello! After 35 years in my attic I decided to finish my Hofco Victorian house kit 210. I replaced the siding which warped, but now I am stuck on what to do next.  Windows? Doors? Interior painting before installing windows? Outside painting colors? My greatest concern is the windows, their assembly and repair (1 broke). Advice is appreciated. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Joazaum said:

Hello! After 35 years in my attic I decided to finish my Hofco Victorian house kit 210. I replaced the siding which warped, but now I am stuck on what to do next.  Windows? Doors? Interior painting before installing windows? Outside painting colors? My greatest concern is the windows, their assembly and repair (1 broke). Advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Definitely interior finishing before installing windows and doors, and finish your windows and doors before installing them.