Velverette glue

WyckedWood

I've been collecting some vintage (70s-80s-90s) pattern books for 1:12 ladies and misc. mini making. The authors recommend the use of velverette glue, for hat making, dress making, wigging etc. I've never heard of that glue, can anyone tell me what it would be comparable to? I usually use tacky glue for everything mini, thinking maybe velverette is similar or the same since it sounds like at one time it was the go-to glue.

side note...these books are funny sometimes with their lists of necessary supplies, sometimes very obscure, interesting or now non existent items available (not available) in long gone places. This one takes the cake though...I recently picked up a copy of Judee Willamsons bed book. Among the list of necessary supplies, I was surprised to see listed "two tampax tampons"....and now you know how the bed bolsters are made lol :) 

• Like 1

I've never had good luck with fast grab tacky for some reason. I pour my tacky glue in a baby food jar and it becomes sort of tackier. I do have some small sample bottles of Alene's other fabric tacky glues, I'll have to try them, I've never even opened them. 

Thanks for the info Deborah:) 

• 5 years later...

I have been looking for the Solomon's Group Velverette glue for quite awhile. BEST CRAFTING GLUE EVER MADE!!! I USED IT ON ALL KINDS OF CRAFTING IN THE LATE 70S AND EARLY 80S. EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!!! Deemed unsafe school glue in California law. So why can't adults find and use it as we know not to eat it. I really, really miss it!!!

• Like 1