polymer clay experiment

L Swearengin

Isn't polymer clay just the best? It's just so fun (and mostly forgiving).

These are so cute! My favorite is the plant, actually, which is funny since it was your just playing around. Nice work! Keep up the "playing!" :)

• Like 1

I like the spanish rice. :)

Also the beans and the guacamole and those tacos look fantastic.. Now I'm hungry for mexican food... too bad we don't have any good mexican in Australia... :cry:

When our good Mexican restaurant burned down I could hardly wait for the new one to open; the build went quickly, but the opening was delayed almost a year!  Fortunaately, this is also a good one.  What do I consider a good Mexican restaurant?   One with a good mole you can taste the chocolate!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Day 2, one major spill. (At least it didn't get the laptop), bottle of sealer all over, what a mess. Another attempt at spanish rice. More pictures on pinterest. I need to practice cakes, but not now.

WOW! Looking good! And that cake seems like it was great practice! You mastered the inside, now you can master the outside later. Go you!!!

Your tacos are amazing. :)

• Like 1

Yes I just started.....and I'm addicted already.  I made all the cacti yesterday.  I kinda staged them at the restaurant,  but having issues with glue or not glue.  If/when we move and they are glued in place they might get broken.  If I don't glue, the sand I am going to use is gonna be a mess.   Oh bother.

I think I figured it out.  I had a piece of foam board, cut it to fit the "garden", and am gluing the sand to that.  Once in place I'll set the cacti where I like, when/if the movers show up, I can take the foam board out and pack separate from the house. I hope.  Thanks for the idea.

All of that stuff costs so much, so being able to make whatever you want is wonderful.  I'll have to try my hand at it at some point, but now I'm just trying to finish my house, and I've got a long way to go!  At any rate, you are making really cool things.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017, 4:48:38, L Swearengin said:

Staging done on the cactus garden.  Picture in the "sneak peek...." board on pinterest.  Tomorrow the gravel walkway with terra cotta stepping tiles.

It looks amazing, Lawanda! Nice work! You make great cacti! (Mine always look like some kind of strange, ugly caterpillar.) Good job! Can't wait to see it all finished!

• Like 1

Lawanda, I think you've passed the experimental stage and moved into full blown production in the polyclay department.  The Mexican restaurant is a delight! :) 

• Like 1