IrishMist

Greetings to all...I'm s'posed to introduce myself...so here goes.... My name is Carol and after becoming disabled a couple of years ago I decided I finally had time to get back to making minis. I am currently building my fourth house, and want to try making it into a stone house. My ex was a lapidary and I have a large storage shed full of stones, so I thought this would be a good way to use a few of them. I plan on doing the windows with thin slabs of polished agate, should look like stained glass. I would like to make a castle next, anyone out there done that using actual stones?

Happy building to all!

Carol

:lol: Hi IrishMist! I have never used actual rock for building anything before but I think that it would be a great way to make use of old rock. I have in my possession a VERY HEAVY rock church that an elderly man made from rock he picked up along HWY 281 here in Texas. He had trimmed each rock carefully and the thing looks awesome - but weighs the same as a boulder! It doesn't get moved around much! But it sure looks good and people comment on it all the time.

Karen :D

a rock house would be cool to see.

so where are the photos?

I used aquarium gravel for the chimney of the Glencroft.

it added some weight but I sure like the way it came out.

cant wait to see how you do yours.

nutti :lol:

Hi Linda,

Nice to meet you!

I have built the Jefferson, Butterfield, and a farmhouse.  Am currently finishing up the Columbian.  I don't have any pictures, but could take some.

Carol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! You've been busy! Yes, please, pictures are wanted/needed. What's a Butterfield, and which farmhouse? The Jefferson and the Columbian I know. I want a Jefferson, but haven't gotten one yet, and I have built a Columbian.

Welcome Carol! Can't wait to see some pictures. :)

I used small "real" stones on the chimney of my Beacon Hill. It was a last ditch effort to add some character and it turned out really well.

Hi:

You will have a problen finding the Jefferson, they don't make it any longer. You may get lucky there are still some around in the stores. I did the Jefferson also, pictures in gallery. My biggest build was the Montclair with 3 additions. Oh, welcome to the group. :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have taken pictures to post, but am feeling techno challenged. Every time I try to add a pic it tells me I am not authorized to do that. What's the trick?

Help!!! Please....

Carol

It worked! Thanks! I have posted a few pics of my Butterfield in my album. Still can't get it to insert pics in my message. Oh well..... Must admit I am rather intimidated by the quality that the rest of you produce....but considering I did this as part of my physical therapy after several weeks in a coma, I guess it isn't tooooooo awful.

Carol: I to sometimes feel intimidated by these talented members. But your house looks great. I love the clear tub, where did you get this or did you make it out of something? I also like your throw rug, did you crochet that. I hope you are fully recovered from your coma and suffer no after effects.

Peggi

great job! I love the downstairs room....it looks light and airy!

very nice.

plzz post more when you have time. I hope you are all recuporated from your illness.

nutti :)

OK. The Butterfield is the Buttercup as I know it. Carol, I LOVE the poodle(s) upstairs, and that tub is adorable! What a lucky find! The downstairs is beautiful too--I love that wallpaper! The doll is exquisite, but the table and chairs really get me! That is gorgeous! Where did you get those?

OK. The Butterfield is the Buttercup as I know it. Carol, I LOVE the poodle(s) upstairs, and that tub is adorable! What a lucky find! The downstairs is beautiful too--I love that wallpaper! The doll is exquisite, but the table and chairs really get me! That is gorgeous! Where did you get those?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! After seeing pictures of your work it means a lot. The wallpaper is fabric (my old sewing room curtains). The table and chairs are made out of a package of tiny wood turnings and some scrap balsa wood, then simply painted. Saw a similar (sp?) set for big $$$ (kinda like those expensive dishes!) and thought I can do that....so I did.

Carol

Thanks!  After seeing pictures of your work it means a lot.  The wallpaper is fabric (my old sewing room curtains).  The table and chairs are made out of a package of tiny wood turnings and some scrap balsa wood, then simply painted.  Saw a similar (sp?) set for big $$$  (kinda like those expensive dishes!) and thought I can do that....so I did.

Carol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You made that table and chairs! Wow! That's an incredible table and chairs! Fantastic job!

Welcome Carol! :) . Your work is wonderful. Thanks for the pics.

I used small red quartzite on the chimneys of my Badger's Hollow and Toad Hall houses. I love stone chimneys.

:lol:

I also am very impressed with the table and chairs...how about a tutorial?

fantastic job!

nutti :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooohhhh! That sounds like a great idea! How about it Irishmist?

Hi Carol, I'm not totally sure as I'm relatively new, but I think you can post a tutorial in the "General Mini Talk" forum. That's where I'd put it anyway. :)