Suggestions...

minikelli

Hi all,

Hoping that our forum of educated dollhouse builders/rehabbers may be able to point me in the right direction here. I'm looking at possibly buying an incredibly old and to my eyes lovely dollhouse -- but I know it will need restoration. I do not want the value to depreciate b/c I've attempted to rectify problems with it's current condition. However, there are also no qualified rehab artisans of antique dollhouses anywhere near me. If nothing else I would at least like to find some books on restorations and the how to's of, and indeed the older houses like Bliss and Gottschalk dollhouses to educate myself more. I was amazed today that though my local library has literally no books on dollhouses or miniatures at all, the librarian called the district director and they bought the book "The Genius of Moritz Gottschalk" and are going to contact me when it's in. I know I was beyond surprised they would do so, but was incredibly grateful as that book is expensive! I've a few books on Bliss houses already, but again -- nothing in regards to the restoration of antique houses. So now I'm left wondering if there are actually any books, or if folks may be willing to share sources and/or tips on antique dollhouse restorations?  My thanks in advance for any possible help!

Kelli, I was considering to buy a vintage house from Chicago a few months ago, and I did some research to see what I could do with it. It is like you say, not much information around, so I decided to pass on that house. For some reason I kept this link that may not solve your inquiries, but might help you to bring some light to your project. Have fun!

http://retrorenovation.com/2015/05/08/vintage-dollhouse-experts-i-need-your-advice-3-questions/

• Like 1