Hard to find items? Quirky things you need?

Doing a little research for my Etsy shop:

Are there particular accessories you had a really hard time finding, or finding in the quality you wanted? Are there items you tried to make yourself and weren't happy with? I'd love some feedback on what you might want to see in my shop. Stocks are a bit depleted at the moment and while I have some things in the works, I also want to expand a bit.

The thing that has surprised me the most is the number of custom orders I have gotten for raw chicken breasts. This wouldn't have been something I would have thought to regularly stock, especially given that the raw chicken legs I offered once never sold!

http://etsy.me/2nHsjGD

• Like 2

Wow --your raw chicken/chopped raw chicken IS really cute!! 

Nice looking food!

I always like a few items to have in the oven --a baking cake in its pan, a rising souffle, and cookies in various stages ( dough on sheet as well as post-baked on sheet and baked on racks). And I always love "in process" pies with dough and "floured" board/prep surface. 

Your raw chicken is awesome. 

• Like 1

I have always thought a paper bag lunch "in process" set would be cute. A pb&j sandwich being made with paper bag near by...making lunch for the tinies who go to school! I tend to like food that makes it look like someone is busy...makes the viewer think about what is going on in the house.

Which also reminds me that I also like kitchen disaster pieces --burnt food, spilt milk, dropped eggs, broken/dropped plate of food...that seems much more rare to me and I kinda love those scenes. I cant make food to save my life though.

fun topic!

• Like 1

Wow, your food really is excellent!  Very, very realistic. (I salivated over the grilled cheese sandwich with oozing cheese.)  Of course, I'm always hoping for half scale, but I'm sure it's much harder to make.  I also like food in preparation, but casseroles or a turkey for Thanksgiving (with cranberries around it maybe) would also be good.

• Like 2