jessminiart

New From Pennsylvania

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jessica. I live outside of Philadelphia and I have been interested in miniatures since I was about five years old. I used to spend a lot of time at my grandparent's Hallmark store where I would stare at a their wall of dollhouse furniture and displays. I used to get a lot of the sale and cast off items, which I would put in a cardboard box that I turned into a dollhouse. I had a bunch of dollhouses when I was younger, but unfortunately, I ended up giving them away as I moved to various places since space was an issue. Now that I have my own house with a craft room, I'm excited to start up the hobby again. For the past few years, I've been making small scenes and room boxes. I love to make retail scenes and I am currently working on a room box that looks like a mall. I also have about a dozen projects lined up for the future, but don't we all? Anyway, I'm really glad to join this forum and I hope that I can learn some new things, and share some information and tips too. Thanks for reading my intro. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jessminiart said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jessica. I live outside of Philadelphia and I have been interested in miniatures since I was about five years old. I used to spend a lot of time at my grandparent's Hallmark store where I would stare at a their wall of dollhouse furniture and displays. I used to get a lot of the sale and cast off items, which I would put in a cardboard box that I turned into a dollhouse. I had a bunch of dollhouses when I was younger, but unfortunately, I ended up giving them away as I moved to various places since space was an issue. Now that I have my own house with a craft room, I'm excited to start up the hobby again. For the past few years, I've been making small scenes and room boxes. I love to make retail scenes and I am currently working on a room box that looks like a mall. I also have about a dozen projects lined up for the future, but don't we all? Anyway, I'm really glad to join this forum and I hope that I can learn some new things, and share some information and tips too. Thanks for reading my intro. 

Welcome Jessica from someone who also loves doing retail scenes and this is just the best place to share!

Hey Jessica, welcome!

• Like 1

Hi Jessica. Welcome. I'm new around here too, it is a neat forum to find inspiration and help.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Jessica.  I have built a pub and a general store and right now I'm piddling along with a home goods store.

• Like 2

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your retail creations. 

Hi and Welcome !  I would to see your work.  Especially a mall scene.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Jessica! I can't wait to know you and your work better! :)

• Like 1

Welcome Jessica!  It's a great crew here

Hi Jessica. Welcome!:wave:

Post some pictures of your room boxes. We'd all love to see them. :)