NAME Clubs

jeninky

Hello. I'm from Nova Scotia and I wish there were one ! I can't even find anything around this region (east of Toronto), but I am going to this site to find out. I have gotten my sister into it, and I have a lot of interest in them (I have the McKinley house hung on the wall at my shop). I will get back to you with my results.

Marie

our Columbia (central SC) clubs are very active. I'm a member of the Palmetto Miniature Club. Had our meeting today. We have an exhibit at Richland County Public Library (Main location on Assembly St in Columbia) going on until Jan 24. After that, we'll have a nice show at the Historic Camden Museum (Camden, SC) Feb 2-7. Then a big garage sale on May 15 at a local church! More activities follow later in the year.

For those in the US or Canada, you can go to http://www.miniatures.org/clubs.shtml to see if there is a club in your area. Here is the club I belong to website, http://www.toledominis.org It is in Toledo, Ohio area. Hope everyone can find a club near you! If not, I think NAME may be able to give some direction as to how to start one. Hugs, Barbara

Jeninky, went to the link and found out there is not one in my area, but what I am going to try to do is see if I can start one and list it there. I am waiting for their reply, and I will let you know how I made out

Marie Dwyer

• 4 weeks later...
Sherry, I live in Big Spring, are you in Lubbock or close by? Let me know if you hear about another miniature show there, might be able to drive the 100 miles to get there for it. We don't have any miniature clubs around here that I know of, might be fun to start one.

Can any one to tell me what steps they took to start one.

Julie C.

I just moved to San Angelo and would love to join or maybe start a miniature club. I haven't been able to find one near.

Brenda

• 4 months later...
Roxie you should start one.. You might be surprised!!

I tried to start one but I could never find a place to hold the meetings so that part is what I am

waiting on now and then I am going to try it again...

I am determined to find someone to mini with.. hehe

Jen, I am determined too.!! LOL !!!! I checked into the one here in Columbus, but I cant go to thier meetings because I have to work.!! :wave: I sure wish they met a different day and were a little closer.

I would LOVE to mini with someone...

Good Luck

Kellee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Check out some of the earlier posts, to see if there's a link to NAME (National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts); they'll have a listing of their clubs on their website and you can see what's in your area.

No problem. I enjoy my local club. If anyone finds one that says membership closed, don't hesitate to write to the contact person. That's what I did with ours. It prompted the club to discuss re-opening membership and they ended up with a few new members besides myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you in Northeastern Ohio near Geauga County:

The Geauga Miniature Society mets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM at The Miniature Cellar in Chesterland. You can contact Kim at 216-406-4234 or Rosemary at

440-729-MINI.

If you will be attending the July 2011 NAME convention in Cleveland be sure to stop by The Miniature Cellar, Rosemary has a lot of wonderful things in her shop!

• 2 months later...

I checked out the link, but for the most part, it looks like the site is down or they are upgrading it, so can anyone tell me if there is a miniature club near me in Middlesex, New Jersey. There used to be more miniature stores in my area when I first got into this hobby in the late 70's, early 80's. Now the only store that's reasonably close to me is The Dollhouse Factory in Lebanon, which fortunately, has been there before I got my first dollhouse, but unfortunately doesn't deal with Greenleaf products.

I have a Garfield house, as well as an older Country house by Model Homes, and I am looking for a "contractor" for both houses, as I want them wallpapered but cannot take on the job myself - for a complete lack of experience with such projects and fear of a nervous breakdown. Seriously, I am not good with measurements, glue, paste, or paint and don't trust myself with such an undertaking.

Last year I thought if I got templates for the walls (as the Garfield home was already assembled when I purchased it) I would be able to cut out poster board to match the frame of the wallpaper-wanted areas, wallpaper the poster board, and then insert the templates into the house, leaning them against the wall (with possibly thin, double-sided velcro tabs). I still think that's a great idea; however, I now realize, I would need professional help - or more likely a professional to do this.

So, I am looking for someone in my area who enjoys renovating dollhouses and is looking to earn some extra cash. Ideally, since I don't have much of a working area in my basement, where I have the homes, it would be nice to be able to take the homes to someone with a workshop; but if I find an available and interested person, I can work out the details then.

Is anyone out there?

• 2 weeks later...