Taking something lurking in my imagination....

me-barbie

to reality! I have most of the ingredients: I have an old terrirum (sp??). I have some wee winter fairies...some trees.....I wish to create a scene. A winter scene. I thought to get some floral form to use as a base in the old terrium (sp?) and then arranging the tree and fairies. I envision one fairy decorating a main tree, with a few smaller trees in a corner, and some seated fairies watching.

So. How do I create a "snow" look with a floral form base? I want some sparkle (got that covered) and some snow drifts (do NOT have that covered). Any ideas?

That's fantastic! I did see snow that you could shake on your scene. I did a Christmas fairy pot for my porch. I used this white straw stuff, they sold it with all the fairy stuff at the Christmas store. 

IMG_20161211_142121964.jpg

IMG_20161211_142225.jpg

I have seen a snow scene where baking soda was used (mixed with white glitter for sparkle).  A thin layer of glue was spread on the foam base and the soda was liberally applied.  I think it was done in several layers so none of the foam base showed through.  The same was used for drifts and such.  It was very realistic.  It was also used in windows where a thin layer of glue was spread in the corners so when the soda was applied, it looked as if snow was stuck on the window panes.

At Xmas they sell little plastic bags of "snow". I bought mine in a thrift shop, have seen similar stuff in craft shops and at Wal mart.

Every Xmas I sprinkle on my houses, and then vacumn it up after.  My friend lays a white blanket over her garden and sprinkles this stuff onto it.  I made small cardboard houses with my daughter this year, we spread glue around, sprinkled on the snow, waited a bit, sprinkled some more on.  It's so far, holding and I like it