Lise A

Furniture

As I am a Snowbird, now in our winter home in Florida, I had to leave the Pierce dollhouse that I was working on back north in Canada. I've not been idle however :) I thought I would work on some furnishings to inspire me when I return to the main construction in the spring. Here is a baby crib I've just completed. I still have to dress it, but I thought I would share what I've done so far.  

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

• Like 1

Cute. I've been working in a crib for the past two days, also.

What an elegant design for a baby crib. What company makes it?

It is a beauty.   Show us more as you make more.  I like the idea of making furniture rather than buying ready made but so far have only made a simple bed.  

• Like 1

I made it myself KathieB.  The headboard and footboard was a wooden Christmas ornament that I bought at Michael's and cut in half. The legs are made from square wooden beads that I bought at a dollar store. I had to sand off the letters but it was fairly easy. I had some channel rail left from what I purchased to build a staircase and the dowels were purchased at Michael's.

Edited by Lise A

I also thought at first it was a kit!  What a clever use of those laser cut wooden ornaments!  Where did you snowbirds land?  Looks like a condo, rather than a RV in the background (I live near the Gulf Cost, an love it when our snowbirds begin to flock!).  I also love to make my own furniture.

• Like 1

Havanaholly,I'm in a 55+ mobile home park in Winter Haven Florida. We purchased this home three years ago and it is one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Another great decision was to open up that old dollhouse box.  Luckily this home is rather small so cleaning doesn't encroach too far into my time dedicated to my new "mini"  passion.

You are in a lovely part of the state, and have Ron's Miniatures within shopping distance!   *sigh*

i was almost born in Winter Haven.  I love all of the lakes up there. I live in south Florida. If you are still around in March take a day trip to our miniature show in Boca Raton.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lise A said:

I made it myself KathieB.  The headboard and footboard was a wooden Christmas ornament that I bought at Michael's and cut in half. The legs are made from square wooden beads that I bought at a dollar store. I had to sand off the letters but it was fairly easy. I had some channel rail left from what I purchased to build a staircase and the dowels were purchased at Michael's.

I'm impressed, Lise! What a wonderful eye you have for repurposing materials. :) 

Sable, send me the dates, I would love to go. Although I do have a cruise booked out of Miami i March so it may not be in the cards this year :)

45 minutes ago, Lise A said:

Sable, send me the dates, I would love to go. Although I do have a cruise booked out of Miami i March so it may not be in the cards this year :)

March 11, 2017

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AlisonJR
      Hello! 

I'm currently working on my first dollhouse. I bought this already assembled and have noticed there are hinges in the corners of most of the rooms (photos attached) some of which stick out quite  bit. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to hide these as I don't want them to show under my wallpapers. (it seems as if they were used to pull the corners of the dollhouse walls together)

Thanks!
    • By AlisonJR
      Hi,

I am currently working on my first dollhouse. It is an Alison Jr. I am hoping to handpaint and illustrate my own wallpaper and am not sure where to start. What paper is recommended? Also wondering if a seal, specific glue is required. I was hoping to make individual entire wall sized paintings (probably with watercolour paint) that will mount to the walls as wallpaper (and won't fade over time). 
    • By jenr627
      I have built a bunch of mini homes but I think the last one I did was over 4 years ago.  I really want to get back into it, I have tons of kits that I have great ideas for but I am feeling a little panic.  I just have not done this in so long I feel like I am going to screw it up somehow.  Starting with a Buttercup cottage for a 4 year old relative.  Looking for some good tips and maybe a few words of encouragement!
      Thanks!
      Jen in NJ
    • By Jesseblues89
      I have recently acquired a amazingly beautiful doll house for FREE, hard to believe, but it's true. There are a few cosmetic issues on the exterior that need replaced and/or fixed: The entire porch railing. Most of the clear plastic window backings are missing. Doors need it be replaced. Trim work needs to be replaced, and from what I can tell, a balcony/walkway of some sort existed above thw3rd floor window and wrapped around  both sides of the house. I want to restore & repair it to prime condition & do it correctly.
      I was never lucky enough as a child to have one of my own. So this is a very special project for me to say the least, lol.
      I have no information on it what so ever & would really like to figure a few things out about it, if possible:
      ¹What particular kind of doll house it? ²How old is it? ³What can be DIY/hand-made instead of buying expensive pre-made kits, like porch railing, banisters ect? ⁴Is it possible to add a balcony to the 2nd or 3rd floor? ⁵Is it possible to modify an existing window into a doorway? ⁶Is it possible to add/remove interior walls to make rooms/areas bigger/smaller? ⁷Can a door be added to an existing interior wall? ⁸Can a 2nd door leading to the porch be added on the side of the house? 
      I have no clue and figured the best thing to do was ask. 
      ANY tips & advice on the best way to go about any of this would be greatly appreciated!
      My ultimate goal is to completely restore & repair the entire doll house top to bottom.

• By WyckedWood
      I have a few porcelain castings I can offer this morning. I’m going to the post office this afternoon so these could be shipped out today. Private message me for details. 
      Unpainted, unassembled porcelain bisque dolls are the most economical way to add beautiful porcelain dolls of artist quality to your dollhouse scenes. Paint them with acrylics yourself. Costume them in good quality cotton or silks, add a viscose fiber hairdo and you have a creation and family heirloom you can be very proud of.  There are links, tutorials, patterns etc. available online.
      My dolls are cast by me in high quality French Bisque colored porcelain slip which is formulated specifically for doll quality. I take great care in cleaning the greenware for a quality piece, firing them once in my kiln at what is known as a soft fire temperature then I go through the process of cleaning them again and kiln fire one more time to bisque temperature,over 2000 degrees. They are then polished, carefully packaged and sent to you quickly. 
      This is Maisy, an elderly woman who could be cast in the role of anything from Mrs. Claus to flower seller or sophisticated shopper. She has a very sweet, kindly face. I can offer choice of shoes, from work boot suitable for gardening or the Edwardian strappy heel, or a Georgian style heel. Her hands are cast from a really neat elderly hands mold. I can also offer a white gloved arm if you prefer. 
      Hallie is my other casting available, she is a gorgeous doll and quite easy to paint.  I can also offer her with the arms shown here, a different hand shape or the beautiful white porcelain gloved arm. 
      If you need the visual of what these dolls look like painted, check the mold makers website Cynthia Howe Miniatures. 
      Thanks for looking and do let me know if there’s anything you’re looking for porcelain doll wise, I’d love to help. 
      Karin