Hi from Canada

JaimeG

Hi Everyone, 

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am new to this hobby, having just recently found a rather large dollhouse at a local thrift shop. When I saw the dollhouse at the thrift store I deliberated for a few minutes, but in the end could not pass it up. So I've joined to hopefully learn and gain some knowledge from those of you who have been at this for a while. 

Anyway, the dollhouse is 3 stories, I don't know much about architecture but it looks to me to be a georgian colonial house with 4 columns in the front. It is white with blue shutters and a bay window on one side and two round window on either side of the top floor. 

There is some damage, missing trim, a missing staircase and the circa 1985 wallpaper need to be replaced, but all in all I would say it was a steal at $9.99. It completely filled the trunk of my Jetta wagon on it's back. 

Anyway, the first order of business I think will be a general cleaning, removing the wallpaper, and assessing the condition of the shingles. Then onto planning the new colours and wallpaper and decided on wiring or not. 

Jaime

Welcome, Jaime!  It sounds like you got a steal.  I wish I could find something like that in the thrift stores near me!  They have lots of stuff from 1985 to go with your house's decor. 

If you post a picture of the house, I bet someone here would recognize it.  We like eye candy...  :drool2:

• 1 month later...