New, Working On Orchid..Clueless

DestinySara

On 11/21/2016, 9:29:14, havanaholly said:

The secret to dealing with mistakes and "oopsies" is to realize that they are learning opportunities.

Oh yes,  first house is finished and i've started the second one. It's already going much faster. i've kept a system of notes to help with what not to do and how to do something better.

I started the first house going by the strict instructions, never questioning a thing. by the time I finished the first house, the instructions were tossed in the trash and I went by what felt right. Easier and more fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DestinySara said:

I started the first house going by the strict instructions, never questioning a thing. by the time I finished the first house, the instructions were tossed in the trash and I went by what felt right. Easier and more fun.

There you go! I think this is probably the most important lesson a newbie can learn. Go to the head of the class. :clap: 

On 9/28/2016, 7:15:05, DestinySara said:

Hello,

So a lil intro.I didn't know what to do for this Christmas with my nieces and nephew so I got bored on pinterest(my deadly enemy) and decided to make something for each kid using popsicles. Yay.. Not. For the smaller ones, they are getting a barn and stable with real toy tractor and horses.

The older ones are just now old enough to enjoy things like dollhouses so I wanted to make them each a house.

Things changed. My brother and his wife are planning for a divorce which I think Is great(if you met her, you'd be happy too) But It brought up an old issue. Me, personally, I don't like kids. Sorry If you feel offended. I do like kid toys and crafts and DIY stuff. The only thing I have wanted to do with my brother's kids since before birth is make them a dollhouse from a kit. My Sis in law is one of these people who uses her kids as leverage so I don't think they will be around next christmas or after which means, this is my one shot to do the dollhouse thing.

I have no idea what i'm doing.

I bought the orchid because it's small and hopefully means it's less complex but also, if I screw up or give up, I've only lost $30 instead of $200. So I accounted for all the pieces and read the instructions. The instructions actually say "Don't Panic." That's A forte to panicking in my book.

So, do any of you have advice for me(dollhouse only plz)

that would be wonderful

Hi I am really new at this and now I discover I don't have the room to build and keep my cats out of it as I build but I have found more info to help me and being 74 I have only done room boxes and my sweet sister bought this for me to build oh my I am a tad scared! I have so much stuff to but into it just got to get it built. 

Hi, Diana!:wave:  It's OK to make your own introduction.

I'm also 74 (75 next month), but I started whilst attending Nursing School (24+ years ago), so I've been at this a while.  While I have no cats to assist me (fiercely allergic), many of our members do.

3 hours ago, Diana R said:

Hi I am really new at this and now I discover I don't have the room to build and keep my cats out of it as I build but I have found more info to help me and being 74 I have only done room boxes and my sweet sister bought this for me to build oh my I am a tad scared! I have so much stuff to but into it just got to get it built. 

Diane, a little bit of black pepper sprinkled in corners might keep the cats out. Just remember it is there when you work in those rooms.

Welcome to the forum Diane.

ok ladies, house two is painted, wallpapered and ready to be put together. I'll glue it all together Saturday. Shingles on Sunday and I'm done. First orchid took a month of work with four hours every night.  second one took 4 hours a day, 6 total days.

much easier.

2 hours ago, DestinySara said:

Welcome to the forum Diane.

ok ladies, house two is painted, wallpapered and ready to be put together. I'll glue it all together Saturday. Shingles on Sunday and I'm done. First orchid took a month of work with four hours every night.  second one took 4 hours a day, 6 total days.

much easier.

Sounds like you've got it down to a science. Congrats!