Hobby lobby coupon

Marian

I used the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and ordered an Alison Jr. I couldn't beat the price anywhere. I want to do an addition onto the sides also. i haven't abandoned the Greenleaf houses. I also want to do an Orchid in a beach colored theme.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I bought an OLD, unassembled Vermont Farmhouse Jr kit off craigslist thinking surely it would be the lowest price around (and it WAS a great deal), but bringing home a new, unopened Orchid box from Hobby Lobby for only $15 was pretty amazing. I wasn’t even planning to buy it and really didn’t have any extra money to spend, but when I realized that the coupon/refund stars had aligned, it seemed wrong NOT to bring it home!

Now I need to figure out where the best deal is for cheap, kid-friendly furniture and accessories!

Too bad there is not a used dollhouse furniture store like the one in RL. You can get whole room furniture sets you have to put together yourself for about $8. But those pieces seem very fragile, to put it kindly. Plastic might be good for little kids but idk where to find that in scale.

Plastic is not good for very little kids, as it can break or present a choking hazard when they put little pieces in their mouths.  As I posted in reply to another of Kay's posts, Melissa and Doug make the furniture and dolls most suitable for very little children to play with.  Kay, there are two different team building blogs for the Orchid, so you can see some of this kit's versatility.

• Like 1

I didn’t know about the team building blogs! Very cool. I will definitely check them out before I break open the Orchid box. I am so impressed by the community here. I didn’t know anyone built dollhouses—including my own stepdad!—until I bought one on a whim. I’m totally blown away by the creative expertise of you craftsmen and craftswomen!

On 2/21/2020, 7:55:10, Medieval said:

Too bad there is not a used dollhouse furniture store like the one in RL. You can get whole room furniture sets you have to put together yourself for about $8. But those pieces seem very fragile, to put it kindly. Plastic might be good for little kids but idk where to find that in scale.

Check out the furniture and accessories made by/for Calico Critters. They are pretty close to the right scale and quite sturdy for plastic. Recommended for age 3 and up. The proportions are a bit off because they fit the little animal figures which are shorter and wider than scale people, but younger kids will not be picky about that. They have quite a good variety, too - stuff for every room.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, Stacy Ann said:

Does anyone know if you can use the Hobby Lobby coupons for the already built dollhouses?

I would guess no because the fine print on the coupon says it cannot be used for labor or 'your price' items. The kits themselves are now 'your price' and the assembly would be labor. It wouldn't hurt to call your local store and ask them. All they can do is say no and they might say yes. 

• Thanks 1