Which show is recommended? Miniatura in Birmingham or Kensingto/London?

Anna

As we had the PILs over for the traditional crayfish/seafood dinner yesterday we sort of stumbled upon the topoc "what if" and " which to choose" so figured I could ask here. 

We would be flying in from Copenhague as that is the closest AirPort for us that travels to both destinations and it takes only an hour and half to to go to by car. 

as I gather the Miniatura/Birmingham Venus is a two day show over first weekend in October and the Kensington/London one is a one day show on first Saturday in December. 

Soooo, which one is "best" we want to find lots of DIY materials, as fabrics, perhaps doll kits/doll blanks ready to dress, wooden trims and whatever else wonderful :) and must-haves...

I sort of know My way around London and the Lancaster Gate area which is walking distance to the Kensington Town hall area but have no clue on where/which area to look for hotels for the Miniatura event. 

Happy for any and all input!

hugs

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Don't  Dolls' House World and Dollshouse & Miniature Scene still publish show schedules in their Fall issues?

Yes they do, sort of why I got sidetracked in th conversation :) as I had picked up new issue earlier. Hubby and I went to the Christmas Kensington last year and it was a nice venue for sure, but then I have been Reading about the Miniatura for ever as it seems, so figured I should ask for pros and comes for the one or the other. As it seems the flight and hotel is appen equal to each other too as we will be flying out on a Friday late afternoon/evening and back home again in the late afternoon come Sunday. It takes around 2 hours flighttimw and the AirPort is really close to the Miniature in Birmingham and Lo don is easy enough to navigatorn with the shuttles and Metro. 

Hugs

Some of our other members have attended one or both shows and I expect them to weigh in.  Another show in the UK I have wondered about is the one at Alexandria Palace (the "Alley Palley" one) I used to see advertised in DHMS.

I have been to Kensington twice. A member of my club has told me on numerous occasions that I MUST go to Miniaturia. It is also a trade show, from what I recall so you get to see what the manufacturers are releasing and probably not as pricy as Kensington. check to make sure if some sections might be opened to Dealers only. 

• Like 1

And it is now officiality, we are booked for the Miniatura in Birmingham first weekend of October,,whohoooo!

We'll be staying at the Hilton Birmingham Metropolitan (or something like that) only a couple of hundreds of meters from NEC apparantly. 

Doing a Happy Dance with a twirl!

hugs

I am so grateful that my MIL is up for anything minis I can find so to speak. The thing is, that the very first ever mini show we did was the one in Excel-London 11-12 (or more) years ago, a fabulous trip that really set the bar ever so high for any a d all shows after that. Really a haven for us and I bet we had "own" eyes from all the fabulous possibilities. Still have brasa findings for. teePee Crafts, some trims from little trimming, beads and lace etc etc from the visit. I am fortunate to have a MiL who shares My crafting, mini-ing and creating kind of interests so this will be our trip away together.

soooo looking forward to it. And if there is anything in particular someone is looking for, I can so happiness scout for it ;) 

hugs

And now we have two weekend tickets booked and paid for. So, all that is needed is taken care of, flight, hotel and tickets. Now to sit back and start the browsing of the list of vendors....

hugs