48 minutes ago, hellogingy said:

Sounds good.  Any tips on refinishing the stairs in a house that is already put together?  Looks like they stained the stairs but did not put any sealant on them so it is looking a bit faded and "ugly".  Not sure if I want to paint the entire staircase, just the banisters, leaving the steps looking wooden.  In the Garfield, the upper stairs are more difficult to get into.  I'm super scared of pulling them out to fix!  

Can you put on another coat of stain to freshen them up? 

That's great.  My oldest granddaughter (13) has actually helped me make some pieces for an art studio.  My younger granddaughter (4) wants to help, she has helped paint some larger pieces. 

I have 4 granddaughters and they each want a dollhouse.  Should keep me busy for years especially since the youngest is only 15 months old.

Have fun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Erica,

I'm a newbie dollhouse builder and started with the Garfield.  I hope you enjoy rehabing yours.  I changed out all the windows and doors from the kit as well as the all the railings.   You may just want to by spindles and rails off of any dollhouse supply site.   If you are looking for an inexpensive wood for flooring you could use skinny sticks.  Walmart sells them and they're pretty inexpensive.  I used them on my porch and I'm also using them on the attic gables.  Please feel free to visit my website at www.jdsdollhouse.com if you want to see what they would look like.  Good luck with your other build.    I hope it turns out like your picture.  I'm looking forward to following your build.