Cross stitching a baby afghan

fov

On 3/25/2021 at 12:35 AM, Pattymae625 said:

Thank you so much for this blog! 

Your blanket is absolutely beautiful!

I am about to start a afghan for a dear cousin who has breast cancer. I am going to use the Stoney Creek “Words to Live By” and your information will help me immensely!

Good luck with! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 8:49 PM, fov said:

Finished! The replacement floss arrived on Monday. I'm still irked that I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a month when they easily could have stuck something in the mail and had it to me the next business day. :dunno:

It's in the washing machine right now (in a lingerie bag). I figured no new mom is going to have time to hand wash something so I might as well see what happens and if it gets ruined it's my fault, and not hers. I'm a little terrified...

EDIT: Looks fine after washing! The colors didn't run! It's now in the dryer on "ultra low," a setting I've never used before...

afghan4.thumb.jpg.c41f5c0c284eb6a0ee8e3b

So it essentially took you like 5 weeks to make this?? Wow. I'm thinking like at least 6 months of stitching for me, but I'd get so bored after a couple weeks I'd put it down and not pick it up again for 6 months! I like doing crafty things, but they need to be done in a week or I get bored. I crocheted a rainbow blanket six years ago, took 4.5 months 2 rows every night, an eternity!! But it is a gorgeous blanket. 

Amazing Emily, very cute, and treasured I'm sure (have you seen it since you gifted it?)