Starting over

Debora, her Orchid.  I had a terrible paint "oopsie" with my first Orchid;; took it partly apart to fix it.  With the Fairfields I took the rightside out one completely apart and rebuilt it twice and the inside out one three times!  As for Brimble's stairs...  At least they are now together and go into place in dry fit.

At the moment there is nothing assemble at all still working on the paint for the windows etc. but should have it together by maybe Wednesday I'll be going to Hobby lobby for wallpaper on Tuesday  found some ceiling paper on eBay  I have a question about wiring : can I put tape wire in now  in case I want to add lights later not sure about doing that seems kind of advanced for somebody of my ineptness. 

3 hours ago, Mary S. said:

can I put tape wire in now  in case I want to add lights later not sure about doing that seems kind of advanced for somebody of my ineptness. 

You can put the tape wire in now if you keep track of where you put it

1. Run the horizontal rows the same distance above the floor -- one inch is a good distance.
  2. Make a template or at least a sketch of the wall/ceiling and mark the measurement of the vertical row placement.
  3. Photograph it in place before you wallpaper over it.
  4. Be sure the joints are done correctly -- solder the joints or use the fold method to turn corners; if you don't use the fold method, use eyelets rather than brads that may wiggle loose.
  5. Test the entire tape circuit to be sure it's "hot" before you start wallpapering. 

Later, when you're ready to install the lights, you can use the little two-pronged circuit tester to confirm the placement. 

• Like 1

Thank you Kathie. I do electric in my real house, at least things like changing light fixtures and ceiling fans. how hard can a doll house be? Oh really??

The front roof with new cardboard shingles, dry fit very good. Will trim shingles a little more and make flashing for the angles.IMG_1424.thumb.JPG.51ce6ac1aa92d6e21f67f

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

• Like 1