New Bellingham

cloudbound

I just got a new (pre-built) dollhouse and it just happens to be another Bellingham!  I love it.  I saw it on craigslist (why do we keep looking on craigslist when we've said "No more dollhouses"?) and I couldn't resist it.  I love my first Bellingham - its built so sturdy and I love its character.  This new one was obviously built with love.  The person selling it knew little about it other than it was nice. I suspect they purchased the contents of a storage unit and we selling everything to make a profit.   When I saw the craigslist ad I thought I saw ceiling lights in it but the seller made no mention.  They were asking $200 so I offered $100 (taking advice from fellow Greenleafers) but got no response.  So a few days go by and its re-listed now for $150.  I offered $100 again and this time they accepted.  It was right here in my town too!  When I picked it up I couldn't WAIT to get it home and plug in my transformer.  EUREKA - It WAS electrified.  Some of the lights weren't working but fixing them wasn't too big a deal.  There are a few outlets on the walls.  The builder even put gutters and downspouts from the roof.  I had to repair/replace some of the wallpapers but I was able to find the exact duplicates online.  The ceilings in the Bellingham are only 8" high so I'm trying to go with slightly-undersized furniture/appliances so the rooms won't look cramped.  I found some fun upholstery fabric that is 'sculpted' that I used for carpeting in one of the upstairs rooms - and it worked out like a high-end carpet my Mother used to have.  I would highly recommend looking in upholstery sections for great dollhouse carpet.

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

DSCF0039.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0040.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0046.JPG

• Like 3

I feel sort of sad for whoever built this house and wound up letting it go.  I wish they could know that its being appreciated and everything that needed fixing is being done.  There's a story to how this little darling wound up being sold by someone who knew nothing more about it than it was nice.  Yes, I was fortunate to get it and this is one of my two 'keepers' - both Bellinghams!  Do NOT tell me about another great deal on a Bellingham because apparently they are my weakness!

• Like 1