Still buzzing after the weekend

me-barbie

About a year ago, my close friend Leanne added me to a private facebook group "MB Skating in the 1970s/80s'. It seems a reunion of skaters was being planned for April 2016. Leanne and I skated together and have never lost touch. 25 yrs ago I was her Main Maid at her wedding.

Well, I was all in (even donated one of my prints as a prize). It was this last weekend. I went to this reunion with a very different attitude then my high school 20 yr reunion. At high school, while I had a close group of friends. there were also the bullies, so I had a wee chip on my shoulder..sort of 'I'll show you guys what a successful woman looks like". I had a very good time, don't get me wrong and re connected with some friends I had been close to and lost touch with.

This skating reunion though, no chips were carried. With my skating friends, I was always totally accepted. I lucked out, I know as skating does have a rep....

I had the most wonderful time. I think the grin stayed on my face for the whole weekend. I did however feel sorry for the band...who had to be told to play softly cause people didn't want to dance, they wanted to talk!! I saw my dance coach from the early 1980s, friends and test day partners, judging friends, skating friends, the parents....the only thing I could not do was skate on Sunday, as a severe ankle injury several years ago seems to have taken me off the ice forever (I will try again next winter, this winter was an exercise in frustration)

It was also nice to see I was not the only one to be about 100 lbs heavier then my skating days!

:rofl:

• Like 1

Barb, so nice to learn that you can go home again! Reminds me if an song from Girl Scout days:

"Make new friends, but keep the old,

One is silver but the other's gold."

Sounds as if you all won the gold at the reunion. :)