Whatcha gettin' for April Fools?

Deb

It's that special day of the year that miniaturists hold near and dear to our hearts.  We wait for it, we pour over the catalog hour after hour, day after day until the pages are worn thin from our browsing.  We wear out our mouse buttons, track pads, and scrolling thumbs as we scour every link of the website, searching for that one special item that's within our grasp at 40% off.  It's Ernie's April Fool's Day sale!  

APRIL FOOL'S DAY SALE
40% OFF
YOUR HIGHEST PRICED ITEM!
USE COUPON CODE WPC3625

Soooooooooooo.............what do you all have on your wish lists this year?  Will there be a new dollhouse kit on your doorstep?  A special Reutters piece in your mailbox?  An amazing bit of furniture or dazzling little miniature?  Whatcha gonna get?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otterine said:

I went with the Chateau Lorraine Walnut bed. :D 

http://www.miniatures.com/Chateau-Lorraine-Walnut-Bed-P20201.aspx

I went to check it out, I thought to myself that's a great bed...then I looked at the price and fainted...got up....looked and fainted again.  thanks Brae... the people at life alert are a little upset with you :) 

back to the topic..I sort of know what I want..that house that looks like the MUNSTERS HOUSE..(sorry had to edit this..Im still in shock over that bed)

Edited by Summersethomes
forgot a word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

What do you have your eye on Deb?

Ive been debating the street of shops...or maybe just one shop. Id really like to do a bakery.

I've always like those shops too. I'd love to see your take on a bakery Karin :) 

for me its the Ruetter's fridge for the Queen....I usually save this time to indulge in the 1/144th scale but I havent done the 2 kits I got last yr...so

the fridge it is!!

1 hour ago, otterine said:

Oooooooooooh, nice choice Brae!  I've handled that bed up close and the quality and workmanship are breathtaking.  It's well worth every penny even at full price so you got an excellent deal.   If I remember correctly, there was a whole bedroom suite of the Chateau Lorraine design but I didn't see any other pieces at HBS.  It could be that they've discontinued that style and if so, you're lucky to have found the bed!  I'm soooooooo happy for you.  It's a truly gorgeous piece.

Ive been debating the street of shops...or maybe just one shop. Id really like to do a bakery.

That street of shops has been tempting me for years.....not because I wanted to do any shops, but because it's just so cool.  I'd love to see what you do with a bakery Karin, but the thought of you doing the whole street makes my spidey-senses tingle.  Not that I'm trying to enable you or anything but oh my, what fun you'd have with the whole set!

1 hour ago, chapchap73 said:

I am headed over to check out what might be calling to me. We all know something is patiently waiting to come and live with me.

Of course it is!!!  Somewhere just around the corner there's a special mini just waiting for you.  Let us know what it is when you find it and we'll help you celebrate.

What do you have your eye on Deb?

I'd been planning on picking up a box of 3/4 round trim (not exciting I know but something I always need) but didn't find any so I'm rather at a loss for the moment. I bought everything for the Tennyson several years ago----from wallpaper to knick knacks, she has everything she needs plus some leftover and my plans for Sir McK haven't gelled yet so I'm just not sure.  It appears I need to so some more surfing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nuttiwebgal said:

the fridge it is!!

Awesome!!!!!  <happy dancing with you>  The Queen is going to absolutely love it!   Which color did you decide to get?  The blue?

16 minutes ago, chesterfieldzoo said:

I have my catalog. I am pulling out my markers later on to circle what I can't live without and narrow it down from there.

<peering over your shoulder>  Wow, if you keep up that pace, you're gonna need a new marker!  hehehehehehe 

• Like 1

I forgot about this!!!!!!!     I ordered the Big Bus from Greenleaf the other day so I am not sure if I should spend more ..........however.........now that you mentioned it I guess I had better go take a peek and see.   I hate to waste that once a year deal I will kick myself later!   Hmmmmmmmmmm What do I want?

I wonder if bunk beds would fit inside the Big Bus?  I have no idea the size of the bus to tell you the truth I forgot to ask!

I emailed GL but Lisa said she didn't have one assembled so she didn't know the size....wouldn't the size be on the box???

4 hours ago, Summersethomes said:

back to the topic..I sort of know what I want..that house that looks like the MUNSTERS HOUSE..(sorry had to edit this..Im still in shock over that bed)

Which house is that?   The Beacon Hill??? Inquiring minds need to know!

5 hours ago, otterine said:

I loved this bed so much that I paid full price for it. It is a nice scale for the Beacon Hill bedroom, which was overwhelmed by larger double beds. It is très élégant !

• Like 1

Well Folks!    I bought the Vintage Travel Trailer with my coupon!!   Always wanted that one!  So cute!   I had a gift card also that I hadn't used so it was a real sale day!  Yay!!

• Like 6

After MUCH debate and arguing between my rational self and the crazy dollhouse self, I am happy to report that an agreement has been reached. My rational self was pushing hard for skipping the sale this year. "We have so many unfinished projects right now! The stash is taking on a life of it's own:eek:"  Crazy dollhouse self countered with, "It's only once a year; we have plenty of room in the closet under the stairs now that DH has his own office space.  At least 10 more kits will fit in there, so 1 more is not a big deal at all:drool2:"  Things were tense when some small voices from the mini-mini stash(the quarter scale gang) called out, "We need furniture!!!"  Everyone agreed this was true so this guy is coming to live with us. I love happy endings:cloud9:

• Like 3

I'm arguing with myself as well. Problem is, there's so many things I want from HBS, but they're all about $10 to $30. I sort of feel like I'd be wasting my 40% off on something that amount. If I'm going to spend money, I want to spend big. Even if I can't afford it, which I can't.

Actually, I'm thinking of another house. I now have a 4 ft long cabinet in my room and my big house is sitting on that, but I think I have to face the fact that the house is just too big. With the hot weather coming, I absolutely have to have a place to put a fan or an air conditioner. I was putting my fan in the window, but now the big house is blocking that. So I'm seriously thinking of breaking the house down, storing it behind the dresser and getting another house I can get up in a hurry.  Right now I'm working on the Glencroft with Lisa, but that will be months of work and I want something I can get together in a couple hours and then decorate. That sort of lets out any Greenleaf house. It also has to be something larger than the Arthur, but smaller than an RGT Queen Anne. And the most I can spend is about $100 and I really shouldn't be spending that much.

So now I'm looking at the Houseworks Colonial, but that is out of stock and may not be in stock for up to a year (so much for fast), or the Newbury or the New Orleans, which HBS doesn't carry. Help!

I sat at work today (during a slow period) and started shopping.  I purchased the Vineyard Cottage.  I think it will be my next project (with a little bashing) since I am soooo close to finishing the Victoriana bash.  

On another note, I just got a Beacon Hill for $125!  Box was opened,but no pieces were pulled out.  But if some small ones are missing at that price . . . . 

• Like 1