Elegant Dollhouse Store Annual parking lot sale

I am so excited!  On Sunday May 1st the Elegant Dollhouse Store in Sacramento is having their annual parking lot sale.  I believe it starts at 8AM.

I will be there.  I go every year except last year.  I usually find lots of goodies when I do go and I love love the store also.  There are usually lots of people

there.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone in the California area planning on attending The Elegant Dollhouse's annual parking lot sale on May 1st in Sacramento, CA?   Even though I don't live very close I'm going to go down and spend the weekend meandering through the old town section of Sacramento, hopefully finding some nice dining places, and visiting my very first dollhouse event!  I can't wait!

I most likely won't be there at 8 but I WISH I could be.  I'm going with a friend so I'm not sure how early we'll get there.  I hope to see you there Donna.  I don't NEED a thing but I have to go see it anyway! 

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrows the day for the parking lot sale!

Pat - About what time will you be there? I will be there for awhile.   I hope it will be a good one this year.  Some years seem to be so so and other years great.  I am going to make a day of it.  1st the sale and then along the day I will go to hobby lobby, sacramento zoo and who knows what else.  Hubs usually takes me but this year he is going to have to work on getting the rice fields ready.  

Hey Donna.  I'm sorry but I didn't see these messages until just now when I got home from Sacramento.  I WAS there at the sale early, probably right around 8 am.  But I had no idea what you look like.  We probably stood right next to each other a few times, going through things in the booths.  It was my first time at that parking lot sale and it was fun.  But my friend who was with me had no interest whatsoever in dollhouse stuff and as sweet as she tried to be (telling me she wasn't bored)  I could tell she was getting really hot standing in the sun.  I could've spent HOURS there.  Maybe next year...  I hope you found some wonderful things. 

I was there at 745 and spent several hours going thru things. Came away with some good stuff but still am not able to load pics.  I'll be up in Reno soon (actually came home from Reno yesterday) after moving my son.  Maybe we can connect then. I hope to be there 3-4 days.  Hope you found some goodies also!

Well I'm at that point where I finished the big dollhouse and am just not sure I want to start another because we don't have a place to put another dollhouse. So while I was there at the Parking Lot Sale there wasn't one thing I needed.   I was keeping my eyes out for was a hunting dog (bird dog)for either of my cabins. I saw just about every kind of dog except a bird dog.

I got four chairs (that don't go with ANY of the dollhouses I have) because I've seen them here and there and thought they were just so .... out there.  So one man had 4 brand new ones in boxes and only wanted $2 apiece for them.  They're like these in the photo.  You can see they certainly don't go with any hunting cabin!  But they're just so interesting. 

But there WERE some great deals to be had there.  I just didn't know what to look for.

Yes, if you're coming to the area it'd be fun to meet.  Thanks for chatting!

Pat

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Gothic - that's just what they are.  What was I thinking?  It turns out they're not wood - their some sort of resin (even the fabric-looking parts).  I suppose they're pretty darn STURDY though.  Ha, ha

They were each in boxes that were only marked Crown Imports item # : DD-04  If they were from a spiffy line I imagine it'd be marked on the box.  They're sure heavy though.  I think I was just in a dollhouse stupor when I was at the Parking Lot Sale.  Kinda crazed with so much STUFF.  I got three bundles of 2-ft long basswood pieces for $1 each.  !! 

Never go to a dollhouse Parking Lot Sale with someone who isn't INTO dollhouse stuff.  Even though my friend who went with me TRIED not to look like she was bored to death, I knew she was.  And it was getting hot out there on the pavement.  So I felt rushed.  I would've loved to go through the boxes and boxes of little trinkets most of the sellers had.  So many fantastic things to see!  There were a few booths with people who owned dollhouse shops of their own and were pretty much giving us their sale pieces.  One lady from China I think that was selling for VERY retail, rather-high-priced so I breezed right by her. 

Oh, I got a darling set of red bathroom fixtures ($2 apiece) that my daughter-in-law is going to love for the dollhouse I made her.  She loves red so every room in her dollhouse has some sort of red in it.

And a 'sample' display of all sorts of terra cotta pots/planters for $5.  There're strawberry pots, teeny weeny ones, square ones - its going to be so much fun to fill them!  Oh my gosh - I see that there're some 'Bonsai Planters' - what a neat idea! 

A little fireplace/mantel that's the smaller size for $2 but my granddaughter will enjoy it in her dollhouse. 

I can't wait for next year.  I'm going ALONE so I can spend hours there!

WIN_20160502_041625.JPG

WIN_20160501_145604.JPG

WIN_20160502_043209.JPG

WIN_20160502_043642.JPG

Thanks to blueirishmoon I was able to add pictures to my albums!  My Elegant Dollhouse parking lot sale finds are posted in there.  I have more to add but real life calls right now so I will finish posting pics later

• Like 1

ok time to load more pictures and now it wont work!  Hmmm I wonder if its because the pictures that wont load are from my iphone and not my regular camera???

Anyways there is more furniture sets (all the furniture I got for under $10 dollars total!!  There is a full kitchen set with frig, sink, stove etc that is not pictured.  There is a bunch of wallpaper, fabrics and more misc!  It was a good day for me

Pat - next year we will meet up at the start of the sale and hang out there going thru all the tiny bags etc!  

I use my iPhone for pics. I have to downsize them by sending each foto through my AOL email account. It gives me a choice of sizes before I send the foto. Then I open the email and resave the photo to my iPhone. Those pics can then be added to Greenleaf.