Mini Summer Camps for Kids - Kentucky

The Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville, Kentucky, is offering a series of summer day camps for kids at the museum. In separate one-week sessions in June and early July, a mouse house in a gourd, a fairy house, a five-room cardboard dollhouse, or a teddy bear tea party can be constructed. Danville is about 45 minutes south of Lexington. See the brochure here. 

I love that the miniatures on exhibit in this huge museum are organized to teach history and sociology with a series of interactive displays. The place is jammed with things like Brook Tucker room boxes and many antique items arranged so that as you walk through the various villages, you are also learning something about the times as the little people who inhabit the houses and factories are busy going about their day-to-day business. It's definitely worth a trip! 

• Like 1

That is so great.  I wish we had anything like that near here.  My two oldest grandchildren love to make items for my dollhouse.  My 9 yr old grandson is actually a very good artist.  He takes classes year round.  My next project is a castle for him.  I would love to see the museum for myself one day.