Orchid bakery

smjsome

My daughter - she's an adult and a baker,  has been bugging me to make a bakery forever.  She assures me she will make all the little food items herself, for me, using polymer clay and such.  

Anyway - I went to a garage sale, and found a partially assembled frame - it's the Orchid!  For $6.00

so, I've been looking at all your Orchids, so many great ideas!  This week, I finally started, I've decided I need the stairs, but I'm going to push them up against the wall, sandwiching them between two walls, instead of a bannister.  Not sure that makes sense ...  Under the stair will be a wash room, sink and toilet only.  The front left window will be gone, and I'm replacing the front right window with a bigger window, jutting it out.  Or trying to.  We will see the side will have a set of French doors so that there can be a garden seating area for coffee and cakes, or tea, whatever floats her customers boats. I want my floor to be brick.  And I'm going to do plaster walls,  and ... And ....

I'm super excited about this project

this is going to be a long term project I think!

• Like 1

Sharon, I made a store out of my first Orchid and put the stairs in the storeroom.  If you're using the bay window opening on the side to make your French doors You can use the bay window itself for the front window displays.  I like to use sandpaper for "bricks": 

large.56f06074ae838_brickplasterdetail.J

and spackling compound for "plaster" (and "stucco", and "stone"...

• Like 1

I wish I had the bay window! - The bay window was part of what was missing - also, part of the porch, and to make the window larger, I decided to cut off the large front eave and make the front flatter.  

All the other windows are there, but I'm taking those off and replacing them, to appear more shop look

I've always wanted to do a bakery!  :)  Long ago I did a roombox cakery that I displayed for years in my in-home cake shop. Since moving the roombox has been used for another project and all of the little bakery items are stored away....just waiting.  At the Philadelphia Miniatura the other year I saw wonderful little trays of French Macaroons and fell in love!  Hoping to make that purchase at this year's show and start my little bakery again!

Macroons will be lovely!

i got started by getting to the under stair bathroom, the plan is to run all the wires down behind the stairs, so it seemed best to start there

also lit the display case for her to fill.  I am thinking, I may have to fill it though, she is very busy.  But she has plans .... I can hope

• 1 month later...

My husband had surgery,and I thought I would have all kinds of time, while he slept and recovered - nope.  

So, finally I did have time!

im hoping to get to the floors soon, need to decide paint colors for the stairs, etc