Walmer Nob Hill

I have a very old Walmer Nob Hill dollhouse & was so lucky to get in contact with the original mfg of this house because there were no instructions in my boxes.  It's been boxed up for years & I'm now working on it.  If anyone has any tips on this house I would love to hear them. Wish me luck.  

Kelly, have to agree -- you took the words right out of my mouth! I have a pretty decent Walmer dollhouse collection -- but would love to get my hands on one of those! Linda I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

• Like 1

HI all & thanks for all your posts.  I'm new here & will do my best to keep you all posted. I was lucky to purchase this kit at a great price from a local miniature store that unfortunately was closing her shop over 11 years ago.  Shortly after my husband got sick & passed & life just took on a lot of challenges that kept me from being able to work on the house .  I just could never get rid of it & now I have the space & decided I wanted to dig out the old boxes & give it a try.  I couldn't remember what the house even looked like & was just so lucky when I took the chance contacting walmer to see if they could help me out.  My research was starting to worry me that miniatures weren't as popular as they were back in my past dollhouse life because most everything I find has been pasted years ago.  Then I found this forum thrilled.  I will do my best to keep you posted & welcome any tips for my build.  

• Like 1

I'm so glad that you kept your house and finally are going to be able to work on it! Building these houses is very rewarding, and with this forum, you will be able to share your experiences, and get help and ideas while you work on it.

I'm glad you found us!

Love to hear when people have revived an old hobby! Honestly I think that alone is what keeps this particular industry going! I dabbled in it back in 1983, and revived my interest in 2003-2004 and have never looked back!

19 minutes ago, Miniature It said:

Thanks Kathi17.  I visited your albums & look forward to seeing more. 

Thank you Linda! :-) Only two more posts, and you will be able to start an album of your own!

Linda, if you read the posts in the forum, you'll discover that often the houses speak to us. Perhaps yours knew all along that one day you'd get back to it. The two of you ought to have a great relationship -- but if it presents any challenges, there are many folks here who can offer suggestions. 

Welcome to the forum. We all look forward to the day you can open a gallery and begin to share photos of your build. It's helpful to record progress with photos. One day you may need to go back to see what you did in a certain area. It's hard to recall all of the details as we become engrossed in this labor of love.