ceramic bunnies

Those turned out so well!    I have a pair of white metal Staffordshire dogs I got at Earth & Tree and painted and put on the mantel of the pub's snug:

gallery_8_151_769.jpg

large.56db8bd460e6e_P3150067(2).JPG.018f

and I have been looking for more animal pairs since then; I'd especially love to find the hen & rooster in mini to paint.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WBrownIV
      Here is the label. It's made by a company called "Molotow" The trick with it is to apply it almost to where it runs. Then don't touch it for a few days.
    • By WBrownIV
      This is the Chrome paint I used. It truly works!
    • By QuirkyNerdyCool
      Hi All!
      I’m a newbie when it comes to finishing miniature furniture. I have a lovely unfinished chair that has some carved detail and I’d like to repaint it gold, bronze, or dark brown and reupholster it. Can anyone recommend a brand and color of gold paint? In general, what are your favorite paint types and brands to use when painting miniature furniture? Do you prime the wood before painting? If so, what do you use. 
      Thanks in advance for your help!
      Sylvia

• By enchanted 1970's house
      Hello everyone! I'm new at this stuff, but I've been reading this forum for months and I've learned so much from you all.  Finally realized I should register. I'm hoping you can advise me on one issue...
      I'm attempting to renovate a large 1970's dollhouse that originally had no siding.  Very carefully I glued on clapboard siding (the kind that comes in overlapping wooden sheets) using Beacon Quik-Grip.  After letting each side dry overnight, weighted down and taped, I began to paint it with Kilz primer and regular latex house paint.  And then... horrors!  The siding began to warp a bit and came up in a few spots!  The water-based paint must have overwhelmed the sticking power of the glue.
      But even so, the warping was minor enough that I thought I could just get away with squeezing more glue under the lifted edges and weighting them down.  It was still not quite as even as it had been before painting, but it seemed... okay.  
      But THEN... we went away from the house for a couple of hot summer months, and when we came back I saw that the humidity had done a number on the siding.  MORE warping!  I ended up scraping off one entire side of it.
      Do you have any advice to keep this from happening again?  Is there another kind of paint I could use that might impart less moisture to the wood?
      Thank you!  

L

• By Mid-life madness
      Since @Sharebhas asked about scaling wallpaper, I have heard others say they use Paint, or Photoshop to make their own paper. I am wondering if there is a tutorial on this site or another place? I have Paint and Photoshop Elements, but don't use them enough to be proficient.