3 minutes ago, MLI Designs said:

@KathieB it looks cheesy? I think had I gotten the lead strips it would just be a different color. And lead of course. 

It does not look like traditional leaded glass. In a modern house, in a different design with bevels, maybe it could pass for brass caning. But in this traditional setting, which you have executed in an exceptionally realistic manner :clap: , it stands out like a sore thumb. Personally, I'd rip that sucker out and toss it. But as I said above, the choice is yours. No mini police :cops: will show up at your house if you keep it as is.

What Kathie said. I do real stained glass, so I handle lead all the time. I've never had a problem because I always keep in mind safety. Washing hands often (I use LAVA soap, which really helps scrub the lead residue from my hands, as it's made with pumice stone), not eating or drinking when handling it, etc. In real stained glass work, you'd wrap the copper foil around the glass edges, apply a liquid flux, and use a soldering iron (100W) to melt your roll of solder (60/40 lead/tin alloy) on top of the copper. I keep trying to find time to experiment with doing it in miniature, which would be a horse of a different color! But haven't yet. Also, copper foil will eventually go dark and aged looking, because it corrodes in the air, but won't look black, or anything like lead, so you're better off trying lead.

At least you didn't completely waste your time with the tape, it gave you a chance to see how gorgeous the leaded windows will look in your house.

They really will look beautiful when you get the lead. You've done a beautiful job on this!

• Like 1

I made some with extruded fimo. I made it on top of glass that was the exact size to fit the window frame and filled between the "leads" used clear stained glass gel.  they stayed together without support but it seemed to get cloudy on damp days so I switched to nail polish on microglass.  1:12 is about the smallest scale it would work for.

• Like 1