Dollar Store tongue depressors

cloudbound

I saw a photo online of a fishing pole rack that was rather whimsical and made of wood.  Well I wanted a fishing pole rack for my fishing/hunting lodge dollhouse and I decided to try making something similar with a Dollar Store bag of tongue depressors.  It actually turned out a little more cartoonish than I want but I still think its cute. 

I used Dollar Store popsicle sticks to make into towel racks, towel bars and toilet paper holders and they came out pretty nice.  Very simple but simple is good sometimes.

I was wondering - are there other fun things for dollhouses that can be made from tongue depressors and popsicle sticks?

DSCF0057.JPG

DSCF0058.JPG

• Like 2

A woman after my own heart!   lol   Those are adorable!!!   We are getting a Dollar Tree FINALLY in Taos!!!   
Check Pinterest for ideas on things you can make with tongue depressor craft sticks!     I have made beds and benches with them.  I tried to find photos of them....I will hunt them down for you if I can!  :bear:

4 hours ago, cloudbound said:

...I was wondering - are there other fun things for dollhouses that can be made from tongue depressors and popsicle sticks?

I made this bunk bed from skinny sticks:

gallery_8_988_45225.jpg

The pub's bar is made from popsicle sticks:

gallery_8_151_70178.jpg

as is the wainscoting in the McKinley:

gallery_8_305_9917.jpg

You've really found great uses for them.  I'm pleased to see that the Coke and wine is stored in the bathroom here - so libations are close at hand when the dolls want a nice, long soak in the tub. 

• Like 1

It's a pub, Patricia.  I have availed myself of public restroom facilities in establishments where the beverage supplies were stored wherever there was room that people working in the kitchen wouldn't fall over them.  I have since removed the cases to a less unsanitary location.

• Like 1

Sounds a little like my sewing/craft room - speaking of trying to find places to put things where they won't get stepped on.  I try to keep things orderly but the space is so small that I can't get away from keeping bins on the floor. 

I have used dollar store sticks (popsicle and wider) for bookshelves, frames, boxes, window trim, window sills, flower boxes, books (cut and glue several together and then wrap and glue a printed cover around it), and my favorite was I used a bunch to redo my Glencroft front door with planks - came out nice. I used a light oak stain and I thought it looked nice and was easy to cut.

I love craft sticks.

Your bear fishing pole racks are so cute! Very ingenious! I've seen them used for rounded shingles and floor boards and planter boxes but nothing as cute as your bears.