What's for dinner?

rodentraiser

12 hours ago, Anna said:

Afcourse not! I used fillet of boef but i supplies one could use chicken breast/fillets as well. 

I cut the fillets first in slides and then in pieces (sort of like think fries) fry those up in a skillet with high sides as I will continue use this plan for the rest of the cooking as well. When the meat has a nice crisp look i add the cream and yellow peppers (those i have just cut into slices and smaller pieces, sort of like a inch by 1/4 inch, when the cream has melted i add the chees allow to summer for a while, add a crunshed clove of garlic, freshly ground black pepper and while pepper along with a dash of sea salt. Allow to summer 15-20 minutes on low heat to let the sweetness from the yellow pepper to blend with the creamy-cheese sauce too.

serve with whatever greena you like and pasta. One of those Quick and one-pot dishes I kind of like.

hugs

Thank you!

Well, I had fun last night. I boiled some potatoes I needed to get rid of and then added some chopped ham to them. Then I finally made a white sauce and added white cheddar cheese to it. Added the cheese sauce to the potatoes and ham, and then put the whole thing in a dish and cooked in the oven for about 25 minutes. It smelled good, but when I pulled it out, my potatoes had disintegrated! I thought I was making a ham and potato casserole but instead I was making a potato soup. And it didn't taste very good.

So tonight I'm going to repeat the white sauce and cheddar cheese except I'm putting it over noodles to make macaroni and cheese. Last night I ended up eating a sandwich, tonight I hope my food is more edible.

Tonight's menu will be meatloaf from the freezer (the microwave meatloaf turned out to be pretty good), a micro-nuked baked potato and mixed vegetables courtesy of Birdseye with a lettuce salad dressed with chopped up clementines and blueberry/walnut topping with a mayo thinned with orange juice dressing. 

2 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Leftovers :)

Are you having Mashed Potato with them?........................Sorry couldn't resist! The lyrics of a song! The singer had leftovers with mashed potato!............Ok I'll go!

Tonight I'm making a sausage with shredded coleslaw and carrots slop. It's not quite soupy and it's not quite solid, it's sort of sloppy.Usually I add dumplings to it, but DH is sticking to very lowcarbing, so no dumplings. I had to go to get a few groceries this morning and the Italian bread was fresh and warm out of the oven, so I'll have a couple slices of that with my sausage slop.

I'll use the rest of the bread in the morning to make DS our favorite decadent French toast. I use cream in it.

Well, I didn't make my macaroni and cheese last night. Instead I ended up with scrambled eggs and some sausages. Ah, well.

Now tonight I'm trying a chicken and ham cordon bleu-wich, courtesy of Chef John. http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/12/chicken-cordon-bleu-wich-old-classic.html

This looks delicious and despite subbing the chicken with turkey and the cheese with white cheddar (and leaving out the dill pickle because I don't like pickle), I think this is going to be one of my better efforts. It might even be edible. By the way, Chef John only posts ingredients in his blogs. If you want to see how it's made, you have to watch the video. And this video will leave you drooling (and laughing).

I'm going to bake some chicken thighs for supper and make corn fritters and a salad.  Since it's Mardi Gras we had our eggs on waffles this AM and the fritters with supper, and pop a ranitidine before bedtime.

Looking for microwave canned tuna recipes that don't include canned soup. Not a big fan of overly-salted canned soups. We may end up with carry-out pizza from our favorite local Italian restaurant.

I used to have an electric skillet, not now. I did find a recipe for a microwaved tuna scramble. I had the right size can of salmon, so it turned out to be a salmon scramble. Ingredients are salmon, eggs, chopped tomatoes, milk, with a slice of swiss cheese melted on top. Served it with half an avocado each and whole wheat toast. It was pretty good.

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

I used to have an electric skillet, not now. I did find a recipe for a microwaved tuna scramble. I had the right size can of salmon, so it turned out to be a salmon scramble. Ingredients are salmon, eggs, chopped tomatoes, milk, with a slice of swiss cheese melted on top. Served it with half an avocado each and whole wheat toast. It was pretty good.

Oh drool!  I had corn fritter batter left over from last night that I have been asked to fix with breakfast this AM; not very Lenten...

I picked up dinner at KFC tonight. My son once told me a funny story. He had taken his daughter to KFC, she must have been around 9 years old at the time. She asked her dad what KFC stood for. He told her: Kentucky Fried Chicken. She responded with a laugh: No, Daddy, what does it really stand for?

The repairman was here today and fixed the stove for only a mildly outrageous fee. Shouldn't have any more fireworks. I am, however, going to press for dinner out ... just because I don't feel like cooking.

• Like 1

Yesterday, after waiting a boring 2 hours at my doctor's for my yearly physical, she tells me she needs to see me in a month with more bloodwork done. Appointment was for 3 pm, and I didn't get out of there until 5. So, I went to treat myself afterward at Wendy's: spicy chicken sandwich, fries, root beer. Mmmm.

Chipotle pineapple roast chicken ... hmmmmm. That sounds GOOD. L isnt a big fan of chicken, but he's nuts for pineapple. I may try mixing up a chipotle/pineapple sauce to pour over chicken parts while they bake, now that my oven is working again.