What's for dinner?

rodentraiser

Mwa ha ha, Kelly! I ALWAYS add cayenne pepper to my spaghetti sauce. I take some canned tomato sauce, and add all sorts of spices, fry up some ground sirloin with olive oil, dump in the sauce and simmer for 4-6 hours. Mmmm. Will have to make some this week. But tonight was turkey tacos. I find the ground turkey makes for a spicier taco than beef.

I'm another one who adds cayenne pepper to spaghetti sauce, just a touch, and I cook mine for 4 to 5 hours. DH can always tell if I simmer it for less than 4 hours.  Last night we had smoked kielbasa with some  sauteed diced potato, onion and peppers. I drizzled a little Italian dressing over the potatoes as they were cooking.

47 minutes ago, grazhina said:

...I drizzled a little Italian dressing over the potatoes as they were cooking.

I've done that.  We also like when I marinate fresh pork in salad dressing before I cook it.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Gloomy, gray day here. I think it calls for dinner out.

Oh, I agree.  My problem is that we ate out last night, so I took out some ribs for tonight that I will dump some salad dressing on once they thaw and braise them and serve with a veggie pilaf.

I started watching Chef John videos and now I add cayenne to everything. I never use water in anything either - it's always chicken broth.

Speaking of which, I think tonight I will make some Rice-a-Roni (chicken flavor) and add some hamburger to it, along with onion powder, garlic powder, a wee bit of Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, and of course cayenne!

On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 5:26:53, grazhina said:

I'm another one who adds cayenne pepper to spaghetti sauce, just a touch, and I cook mine for 4 to 5 hours. DH can always tell if I simmer it for less than 4 hours.  Last night we had smoked kielbasa with some  sauteed diced potato, onion and peppers. I drizzled a little Italian dressing over the potatoes as they were cooking.

Do you make your own spaghetti sauce or do you actually cook the jarred kind for that long?

Kelly, I make my own sauce from scratch.

Today was ground beef chimichangas (fried burritos), box Mexican rice, and canned refried beans. Store didn't have the spicy beans so I had to add some chili powder to liven up the frijoles. I also made DH some vegetable beef soup as he doesn't care for Tex-Mex so much. DS loves Tex-Mex. 

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I wish we were there!

Lloyd bought the whole loaf (3 feet), so we had shrimp poor boys two nights in a row. The lettuce didn't do too well in the microwave, but they were still delicious. I really should try to find a repairman to look at the stove, but then I remember living without a stove for a couple of years and it doesn't seem so important. 

On 2/2/2016, 8:31:40, Selkie said:

Corn flakes 

Thanks Selkie.. I was feeling intimidated by all these wonderful meals.  Now I can share my Fried Bologna Sandwich with cheese and mustard:-))) I do live in the South (U.S.) for sure.

• Like 1