Anyone from Wisconsin?

Holly Sue

Too bad you're so far from Tracy (Minis on the Edge)!  There are a lot of blogs in the blog section by members who have built o are building the Garfield.  I wish I had the room to build and display such a behemoth, although I really like the Pierce and th Beaumont of all the large Greenleaf kits.

Take your time and don't get hung up on "perfection".  Mistakes can be fixed or else bashed into unique and beautiful features so don't paralyze yourself with wanting perfection; ain't no such thing.  I strive for realism (within reason) and real life isn't perfect.

5 hours ago, Holly Sue said:

I am not sure if this post is allowed here but I was just wondering if there was anyone around here locally that could help me or show me any tricks to building my Garfield. I am from Appleton, Wisconsin. :) 

Hi, Holly Sue, and welcome to the forum! All cries for help are allowed here, so don't be bashful. Glad to hear you found pages of helpful hints. As Havanaholly says, take your time, and don't sweat the small stuff. When (you'll note I don't say IF) you hit a challenge, we're here to help. Have fun with it. :)

• Like 1

Hi Holly, I am from Oak Creek, Wisconsin, a little far also, but you are more than welcome to stop by my house and check out what I have> I am working right now on a 1/2 scale Elizabeth Anne, and I am having fun but I am learning a lot as well. This is the best place to learn, share, find all kinds of info, and all you will need to finish an awesome house and much more. Welcome!!

13 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Hi Holly, I am from Oak Creek, Wisconsin, a little far also, but you are more than welcome to stop by my house and check out what I have> I am working right now on a 1/2 scale Elizabeth Anne, and I am having fun but I am learning a lot as well. This is the best place to learn, share, find all kinds of info, and all you will need to finish an awesome house and much more. Welcome!!

Hello, nice to meet you :) Oak Creek is a little far but I also have some family in the Milwaukee area so I will have to message you the next time I am down there!