Hello from Perth, Ontario, Canada

Waterlillimm

Hello everyone here in the Greenleaf community.  I have been involved in dollhouse building for approximately 10 years.  I love rescuing old & ruined dollhouses and revamping them to give to one of my 10 granddaughters or to give for donation. I have built the Pierce ands several others (long story) but I am presently re-styling a Beacon Hill and need some support with it.  I have done approximately 11 houses, including a store, forestation, barn etc.  I do not work anymore and I spend most alone time working with my dollhouse projects.  i have a wee dog and an African Grey who keep me company and in the real world when I am preoccupied.  It is an addiction of fun proportions and expensive when I let myself get carried away.    for me, Thursdays are a time set aside that I meet with other enthusiasts in Marrickville for chat, help, & anything miniature.  I will post some p photos to accompany anything that seems necessary when I need help.  Thank you again for reading my post and allowing me to be a part of a large community where others with this addiction can meet, share & source.  Again Thanks Kate McDougall

Hi Kate - and welcome to you and your little furbabies!  This is THE place to be for help, support and chat for all things mini-related and more. Can't wait to see some pictures of your projects - you don't have to wait until you need help to post pictures....we are a wonderful bunch and can't wait to help out with your addictions  projects! :groupwave:

• Like 1

Hello! I have a lot of Canadian relatives, but none near Ontario. Where do you find your dollhouses? I have never once seen one at a garage sale, thrift, or curbside, but apparently lots of other people find them that way. I missed out on a $20 partially built Garfield (!!!!!) a few weeks ago, and I'm still sad about it. I like to restore all sorts of things, and did restore my childhood dollhouse, but would love to try another. I'd love to see some of your work, too.

Anyway, welcome aboard!