Tracking eBay Seller's ID?

CheckMouse

I haven't used eBay a lot, though I am a registered seller/buyer.  But I'm wondering if there is a way to find out the true identity of a seller.  I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or flattered or robbed. I was just looking online for some information on the PartyLite houses (as in what the retail price was of one I got for $10) when the search took me to eBay - where I saw a picture of MY Olde World Village collection as we set it up at Christmas time!! It's a picture of MY COLLECTION in MY LIVING ROOM!! The seller did have the decency to say that the backdrop does not go with the village - which she is selling for $450 (almost full retail). It's just a bit shocking to see our Christmas display on eBay!   

I sent a message to her asking if she was selling the backdrop also, or if she knew where I could get it, but haven't received an answer yet. And she did say she had found the picture "online" to show how it could be displayed. She had to get the picture from Facebook or here, and I was wondering if there's a way to find out who it is.

Our Display!

I have no idea how you go about fixing this. I know Brae has had the same thing happen to her as I am sure many people have.   If your picture isn't watermarked, I am not sure you can do anything about it.  Maybe you could contact ebay and ask them to notify her?

You can log in to eBay, go to that item and report it as - using an image that isn't the sellers. There is a report item link above the item description:

help.png

Definitely contact eBay. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says Help & Contact. I would call them and when you do, make sure they can give you a case number or a name, so if nothing is done, you can call them back and have something to refer to.

One way you can get the seller's name and address is to buy something from them. Their name and address should be on the package they send you But judging from what she's asking for her things, you probably aren't going to want to do that. LOL

I also noticed that's a new seller because she doesn't have any feedback. Either that, or she's been banned from eBay and is starting over with a new name and account.

I have sellers stealing my pictures all of the time. I report them using this link http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html I always tell them first that it's my photo and that I do not give permission for them to use it. I let them know I will report them via eBay and they can lose selling privileges if it's not removed right away. There is one person who keeps on doing it though. I wouldn't mind if they gave me credit but the choose pictures without my watermark. 

Thanks for the feedback. I did see that she's only been on since Feb 2015 so she's pretty new - or, as Kelly suggested, she may be starting over with new information.  I didn't have that one watermarked because it's not a miniature creation.  I guess she thought that by saying "The first picture above is NOT a photo of my actual collection, it was taken from online so I could show what the set looks like"  she was covering her bases.   However - it was not taken from the generic "online" - it was snagged from my Facebook page!  

Any  images posted in the Greenleaf Gallery are copyright protected.  f you look at the bottom of every page on the forum site it reads "... Material on this site cannot be reproduced without written permission from Greenleaf Dollhouses or the original author."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sable said:

If you google "partylite old world village" and go to images, your picture is the 12th image. If you click on the image it says it's from Greenleaf and  "Images may be subject to copyright"

You're right, Sable. It is from here!  That's why we always fill in the copyright box at the bottom of the pictures.  I wrote her an email telling her it was my picture, and to please ask permission to use any more of them.  I got a rather snippy reply.  I think I will go report it to eBay. 

Update:  I decided rather than go through the hassle of reporting her to eBay, since she isn't claiming the work is her own, I would "kill her with kindness" instead.  When setting my display up this year I took a clear picture of the houses alone, before I added all the accessories. So I sent her that picture and told her to use it, with my permission, if she lists them again. She's not getting any takers on the listing she has now - a lump of 8 houses for $450. 

But I also pointed out to her the little phrase under the picture, saying the image was subject to copyright, and that she needs to be careful in the future. So we are now emailing back and forth - she's been very frustrated with eBay marketing, says it's been one long nightmare since she started.  

Honey does work better than vinegar.  :bear:

• Like 6