Changing an "album cover" photo?

jbnmini

This doesn't seem to be something we can do yet since the upgrade. I understand that the work around is to upload the image that you want to set as the cover image and set it at that time. You apparently have a brief window to make those designations at the time of upload.

i haven't tried this yet but plan to. :)

On November 25, 2015 at 3:29:11 PM, Sable said:

I found this but I use a cell phone:

I can't do it on older pics.

image.jpg

Mike, does this help you? I use a cell phone but on a computer you probably have to double click on the pic you want to use for the header to pop up.

• Like 1

On the computer, hover your cursor over the top right of that black area that surrounds the image, and the "set as" menu should appear.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 6.01.49 PM.png

I'm able to do it on old images as well as new ones, but I might have different abilities as a mod. My test account doesn't have any old images on it for me to try it on, sorry. :(

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a 'clunky' way to do it but i'm reloading images as 'Album Covers' to get around the problem of not being able to choose a cover photo unless it's been recently loaded!.........How clever is that!

Cracked It!...........A few days ago when I re-loaded pictures that I wanted as Album Covers I nominated each picture as Album Cover thinking that the next time I added pictures I would have to repeat the process. you don't! Once nominated the pic stays the lead pic in the album............!

Or did everyone already know that but me!!!.......................I remember being late into flared trousers in the early seventies!

27 minutes ago, Myangela said:

You are too funny!  I just noticed, you got your name back!

I know!.....had to wait thirty days before I could have it back!.............wonder what happened to it during that time looks the same as it did before I lost it!

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I got lucky,   just signed on after months off! and site is soooo new.   In order to change my Sir Godfrey Castle album cover I took a new image, uploaded to my pc and then popped it into the album, and it LET me designate it album cover.   You are right that you can't edit the old photos though.