Something I would like to see from Greenleaf

kathi17

I love making shops, and all the little things to go into them, but it's difficult to find kits to make shop fixtures like display cases and shelves. I know Brimbles and the Taft both have displays included with them, but I'd love to see kits to make more shop displays. Maybe shelves, boxes and crates for fruit, displays for cakes and things, etc.

Sort of like the kits Real life used to put out. I know Greenleaf doesn't do the coffee grinders and other things with metal components, or the lathe turned things, but shelves and store displays would be wonderful!

Any chance of anything like that?

• Like 1

Thanks Shannon, they have some really beautiful things! They aren't what I am looking for, for making lots of shop cabinets, because of the exchange rate and shipping costs, (I could never afford to make too many of them), but they are really gorgeous!

3 hours ago, kathi17 said:

Thanks Shannon, they have some really beautiful things! They aren't what I am looking for, for making lots of shop cabinets, because of the exchange rate and shipping costs, (I could never afford to make too many of them), but they are really gorgeous!

I'll be happy to give you some tips Kathi..........I've just finished all of the shop fittings for my Art Shop.......they are all made using card (Mount Board).........The great thing about making them is you can make them to fit exactly.

Tools needed..........Knife, Cutting Rule, Square, PVA Glue, Paint and have fun!..................let me know if you need or want pointers!

16 minutes ago, ...... said:

I'll be happy to give you some tips Kathi..........I've just finished all of the shop fittings for my Art Shop.......they are all made using card (Mount Board).........The great thing about making them is you can make them to fit exactly.

Tools needed..........Knife, Cutting Rule, Square, PVA Glue, Paint and have fun!..................let me know if you need or want pointers!

Ooooo Mike, could you put together a little step by step tutorial of creating a cabinet, counter and a shelf in a separate post or album? 

Guess I should say "would you be willing to do one, please?"

Pretty please .....

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kathi17 said:

I love making shops, and all the little things to go into them, but it's difficult to find kits to make shop fixtures like display cases and shelves. I know Brimbles and the Taft both have displays included with them, but I'd love to see kits to make more shop displays. Maybe shelves, boxes and crates for fruit, displays for cakes and things, etc.

Sort of like the kits Real life used to put out. I know Greenleaf doesn't do the coffee grinders and other things with metal components, or the lathe turned things, but shelves and store displays would be wonderful!

Any chance of anything like that?

Hi Kathi.....I didn't fully read the first post.........of course there are items you want that can't be card made........Jane Harrop of the UK makes some good kits and she will ship.......

The site is worth a look as is her book! 

www.janeharrop.co.uk/

Another is 'Arjen Spinhoven' in Holland...........he also ships and has the most unusual stuff in kit form......Nice guy and great service!

•  
  •  

2 hours ago, Selkie said:

Ooooo Mike, could you put together a little step by step tutorial of creating a cabinet, counter and a shelf in a separate post or album? 

Guess I should say "would you be willing to do one, please?"

Pretty please .....

Oh yes, I expect that a lot of us would love to see some tutorials!

2 hours ago, ...... said:

I will have to try some mat board for furniture, I have a ton of it that got water damage. I could use the undamaged parts. :)

I guess the biggest problem with ordering overseas is the postage and exchange rate. I really sort of wanted an inexpensive kit like the Corona furniture ones, with a number of different shop components in one kit.

Lazer would be nicer than die, but die cut would be okay. It would hold me over until I find those three or four miniature shop plan books I bought years ago.

The Dollshouse Shopkeeper is one of the books I bought, along with a few others. Unfortunately, I can find all of my doll house books except the ones with shops in them. I bought them all when I was doing my last Brimbles and my sweet shop, but that was six or seven years ago. I bought every book I could find with shops in them, but I have no idea where I put them. I guess that's what happens when you work on things in three different places at once.

7 hours ago, Sable said:

Mike do you have one of those mat board bevel cutters? If, so what price range should I look for?

Logan Team System (Cutter and rail) - Team System 424 (24")................It costs around £55.00 in the UK so about mid way for none commercial cutters but it works well and the blade is easy to replace. You can get them minus the rail (and use your own straight-edge) but their rail has a guide track so the cutter runs smooth and safe!..........I'll do a few pictures later today!