Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow find

Kaylin

I was able to purchase a Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow doll house yesterday off a Craigslist for $200 in the Poconos, PA area. I bought it off a lady who had purchased it at a garage sale. She didn't say why she was selling it, she just said the only offers she had received were too low and for people who just wanted a doll house for their children to play with. I'm a huge Wysocki enthusiast and constantly am on the prowl to collect anything related to him, so I was so excited when I came across this and it still was available. It came with about half of the original furniture it seems, but no book. I've been in contact with Charles Wysocki's son a few times over the past years to show him things here and there I've managed to find, and he said this about the Heartland Hollow home:

"Thank you for your email. Yes, those doll houses seem to be pretty rare. They did come in a huge box with a booklet showing each piece of furniture, and where it went. It also did have some sort of certificate explaining the doll house and my father's involvement. He did like the way it turned out, and was involved in the creative process (at least signing off on certain aspects of it's design). We did have three whole sets of these dollhouses all in mint condition in the boxes with all of the information. We had a fire in 2003 (Southern California Firestorm) that burned these houses to the ground along with a lot of other priceless items. Unfortunately any additional information I had burned up with those houses, so at this point I am at square one."

I'm looking forward to connecting to others who own the rare home. I will add more picture shortly. I have no idea where I will keep it but I just had to have it. It's truly magical to see something so 3D and physical out of his mythos he created though his art. Please reach out if you also own this beautiful home.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the great find.

Welcome to the GL forum as well. We'd love to see pictures.

After you have posted 5 times you can begin an album and upload pictures of your special treasure. 

If you go on eBay, you may see these houses for sale and a good clear picture of the back will (usually) show the furniture inside. I was under the impression that the furniture was commercially made, not just made specially for the houses themselves. At least it seems that way from looking at the Morning Glory Cottage. If so, you may be able to find replica pieces that are, or are very near to, the original pieces.

The house had a small storage attack above the kitchen area that I found a ton more small accessories in last night, pretty exciting find. I'll look into replacing or purchasing some key pictures, but I'm more looking forward to enjoying the house than trying to restorer it 100%. I will keep an eye out on ebay as parts pop up here and there.

• Like 1

Great find I love this house :ermm:don't ask how far I got my hubby to drive to get mine from a Kiiji post. The lady had let her young toddler play with it so some things got broke and lost but I have it to repair. I think I have the book but not sure where at the moment so will try to look for it maybe I can help you look up stuff. 

Great find I love this house :ermm:don't ask how far I got my hubby to drive to get mine from a Kiiji post. The lady had let her young toddler play with it so some things got broke and lost but I have it to repair. I think I have the book but not sure where at the moment so will try to look for it maybe I can help you look up stuff. 

Edited by snowblossum
Duplicate

• 6 years later...

Good morning, 

Thank you for sharing, I had no idea of the treasure I have been blessed with. My mom is moving and just found this dollhouse, brand new in the box, my dad had bought it for her to go along side her plantation dollhouse, my mom has been so busy with the plantation for the past thirty years, she had not gotten  around to the Heartland yet. I do have the book and original certificate. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/29/2015 at 1:51 PM, Kaylin said:

I was able to purchase a Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow doll house yesterday off a Craigslist for $200 in the Poconos, PA area. I bought it off a lady who had purchased it at a garage sale. She didn't say why she was selling it, she just said the only offers she had received were too low and for people who just wanted a doll house for their children to play with. I'm a huge Wysocki enthusiast and constantly am on the prowl to collect anything related to him, so I was so excited when I came across this and it still was available. It came with about half of the original furniture it seems, but no book. I've been in contact with Charles Wysocki's son a few times over the past years to show him things here and there I've managed to find, and he said this about the Heartland Hollow home:

"Thank you for your email. Yes, those doll houses seem to be pretty rare. They did come in a huge box with a booklet showing each piece of furniture, and where it went. It also did have some sort of certificate explaining the doll house and my father's involvement. He did like the way it turned out, and was involved in the creative process (at least signing off on certain aspects of it's design). We did have three whole sets of these dollhouses all in mint condition in the boxes with all of the information. We had a fire in 2003 (Southern California Firestorm) that burned these houses to the ground along with a lot of other priceless items. Unfortunately any additional information I had burned up with those houses, so at this point I am at square one."

I'm looking forward to connecting to others who own the rare home. I will add more picture shortly. I have no idea where I will keep it but I just had to have it. It's truly magical to see something so 3D and physical out of his mythos he created though his art. Please reach out if you also own this beautiful home.

I just purchased the Heartland Hollow Dollhouse..The one with three peaks on the roof.  It has the accessories but they are, for the most part still in the rooms.  After I pick it up, I would be grateful for the info you may have and the accessories.  I checked E-Bay but found no Heartland Hollow accessories.  Why is that?  Also do you know how many of the one from 2000 were made?  I know they are limited edition.  Thanks.

• 9 months later...

I’ve always been obsessed with dollhouses. Yesterday, I was driving down a road and saw this house on a table that said free. I couldn’t believe it. I went to their door to make sure it really was free and he said yes and wanted it to go to someone that would appreciate it. It does not have most of the original furniture and need a couple spindle repairs.  I’m glad to find this info on it. Thank you 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

we inherited one from my wife's aunt. She loved it and it was her baby. I think we have all the original accessories less what our puppy chewed on and a bunch of other stuff she had collected. She had four or five doll houses at one time but this one was special. We've had it since 2018/2019... and did not know it was a limit edition/collector item.

I am inventorying all the accessories now and we will have to let it go to someone that would take good care of it. If interested, please let me know. I have photos I would like to share but inserting from URL is not something I know how to do... I have them on my computer.

Thank you

Chris

• Like 1