Dollhouse miniature fake flames

Tempus fugit

Cheers! Im building Hogwarts in 1" scale (bashed Garfield).  Any suggestions for what I can put in the hanging pots in the great hall to represent fire flames?  I have already outfitted the pots with amber LEDs to cast a firelight glow. But I need the actual flame itself. Any suggestions at all would b greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a link to GL member KariW. She built a Hogwarts castle for her son. Scroll through her album and perhaps you'd find some inspiration there. She is very clever with repurposing items for miniature use. 

Here is a link to a DIY with using the cellophane more as creating a glow than actual stand up flames but, again, it might help be a jumping off point for you. 

Often dollar stores, craft stores, and even grocery stores sell rolls of it for covering seasonal baskets like reds and pinks at Valentines, pastels at Easter, fall colors for Thanksgiving and Halloween, etc. 

Art supply stores carry the real deal red cello for checking gray scales but it is a lot more $$. 

In one of the miniature magazines a while back I saw an article where the person had used clear silicon, squeezing some out on a piece of waxed paper and using either a toothpick or  pin to tease it into flames and Gallery Glass paints to color it.

• Like 1