Input on Kensington Dollhouse Festival.

Anna

Well, Miniatura in Birmingham didn't work out for different reasons, and as I got hold of acoupleofnew Dollhouse mags I saw the me tioning of Kensington dollhpuse Festival first weekend i. december, on a Saturday even which means one can fly over Fridy mid afternoon, enjoy the evnwing in London, visit the fair/show Saturdaym enjoy an evening in London, eating out and just browsing etc, then by early afternoon fly home gain and be bck home by fairly ok time inthe evening Sunday...

I know that when we at the Excel show in Docklands, London some, ohhhh 10 years ago, we were flabbergasted over all the things but at the time I weren't as much into DIY as I am now. A good show/fair forme is where one find fabrics, ribbons and trims as well as wood trims etc etc and the shows fairly easily avaliable over here (ie Farum/Denmark as I live in the southern parts of Sweden) really isn't that kind of show eventhough one makes wonderful finds there too, but youu know what I mean huh?!!

fairly OK fly rates and Ok room rates

Hugs

Well, Miniatura in Birmingham didn't work out for different reasons, and as I got hold of acoupleofnew Dollhouse mags I saw the me tioning of Kensington dollhpuse Festival first weekend i. december, on a Saturday even which means one can fly over Fridy mid afternoon, enjoy the evnwing in London, visit the fair/show Saturdaym enjoy an evening in London, eating out and just browsing etc, then by early afternoon fly home gain and be bck home by fairly ok time inthe evening Sunday...

I know that when we at the Excel show in Docklands, London some, ohhhh 10 years ago, we were flabbergasted over all the things but at the time I weren't as much into DIY as I am now. A good show/fair forme is where one find fabrics, ribbons and trims as well as wood trims etc etc and the shows fairly easily avaliable over here (ie Farum/Denmark as I live in the southern parts of Sweden) really isn't that kind of show eventhough one makes wonderful finds there too, but youu know what I mean huh?!!

fairly OK fly rates and Ok room rates

Hugs

There are quite a few exhibitors selling DIY, Wood Profiles, Decorating Accessories and Fabrics Anna........'Blur Ribband', 'Burchmores', 'Jennifers of Walsall', 'Maria's Fabrics', 'Romney Miniatures' to name but a few.........my favourite show in the UK and just around the corner from where I had my shop on Kensington High Street for 10 happy years!

There are quite a few exhibitors selling DIY, Wood Profiles, Decorating Accessories and Fabrics Anna........'Blur Ribband', 'Burchmores', 'Jennifers of Walsall', 'Maria's Fabrics', 'Romney Miniatures' to name but a few.........my favourite show in the UK and just around the corner from where I had my shop on Kensington High Street for 10 happy years!

So it sounds like you giving it a thumbs up then Mike ;)

Now to sell it to my beloved other half as well...

Hugs

Yay, doing a happy dance with a twirl as we just sent of too get cost Estimates, since he hasn't been to London at all and seeing it dressed for Christmas was a treat in his Eyes... We'll see, as otherwise I lure MIL along with me!

Hugs

• Like 1

I was there twice...December two years ago and this past May.  Hands down my favorite show.  However, as I recall, London wasn't dressed for Christmas yet.  I remember one vendor with loads of fabrics and trim, there were probably more but I wasn't really looking for it. So much to see.  The shows I've been to in the states average about 35 vendors. Kensington has about 170.  My favorite purchases which I can't get here in the states are the wider planked oak floors and real slate roof tiles by Richard Stacey. 

• Like 1

Flight and hotel booked :cucumber:and we'll have a couple of extra Days too to be able to enjoye London. Happy, happy, happy dance!!!

Now to peruse the lists of vendors

Hugs

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed ticket purchased, yay!!! Got the ticket in the email as well, will only have to print it out and add to the flder for the trip.

happy, happy, happy dance!

anyone else going by chance?

Hugs

Lucky you Anna. I envy anyone who can fly somewhere amazing in just a few short hours (we can in Australia, but you will only ever still be in Australia, or New Zealand, which is almost the same thing). Plus I have to drive 4 hours just to get to the airport. 

I went to Kensington in May a few years ago and loved it. I hope to make it to other international shows one day too. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was three years ago when I went but there was a credit card facility in reception, so even if the individual vendor didn't have credit facilities, the show as a whole did - the money was transferred to the individual vendor via show organisers I think. Hopefully you won't have any problems.

• Like 1

I used cash since my US credit card was going to charge me exchange fees.

I didn't do it, but I think you can get the VAT refunded to you. I think that's easier with a credit card but don't hold me to it.

I also used cash because it set my limit for spending. I had my shopping list, floor plan and a set budget. And I spent every penny!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sable said:

My favorites are Richard Stacey, Romney Miniatures and Ironworks.

Have only seen those names mentioned and Pictures of their gorgeous stuff, and now I am actually going to see this in reality. Yay!!!!Planned to other days with what might be possible to fit into the Schedule of those days too. Happy, happy, happy...

• Like 1

Check to see if any of the Royals are having a birthday. The shooting of the cannons in Hyde Park right by the Marble Arch was a huge surprise when I took my young sons to London. We had just landed and couldn't get into the hotel yet so we went across the street to sit in the park. All the sudden there was a frenzy of activity. Chairs were being set up, security was everywhere, a multitude of horses arrived. It was the Queen Mother's birthday. And we had a front row seat to watch the display. Very cool experience.

:clap::clap:rWow! That must have been a happening! Will check into that too then. Plotted a few "walks" on the map. Will take out the suitcases over the weekend and see which ones to use, as it is a must there is in-used space in it formthe trip home... 

hugs

soo exciting anna! I'm 50/50 about going as I have a work Christmas event that night and holiday afterwards but really want to go as I need to buy some lighting and a fireplace. trying to make it happen! :) 

• Like 1