Hello from MO

katclaws

Hello,

Nice to "meet" all of you!  I'm already overwhelmed by this forum and the wealth of knowledge that everyone is so happy to share!

I'm sort of New/Old to miniatures/dollhouses.  My husband & I married in 1980 and for our first Christmas I hinted for a Dollhouse and that's exactly what he got me: The Harrison Tudor.  We spent our first New Years Eve building it together. I started getting a few pieces of furniture & accessories here & there always with the intention of getting it finished.  But, in 1982 our son was born and my doll house interior was never finished. Instead, I found myself building Legos with my son, getting involved with his sports, school, interests, etc. My dollhouse was carefully covered in plastice, furniture & accessories carefully stored away, has survived three houses, two moves, job changes, my growing son's basement-hockey-playing-puck near-misses, 3 nosy cats and 2 dogs, care-giving elderly parents, & more recently babysitting. 

Life Happens & Time Gets Away.

Fast forward 35 years later my two Granddaughters, now 8 & 10, are finally old enough to understand & appreciate the fragility of this beautiful dollhouse.   (Now I finally have someone to play with my dollhouse with!) LOL   So, the protective coverings came off and my girls sat fascinated oohing & awwing over all of grandmas's teeny-tiny-little things. With my dear husbands blessings--(actually his excuse to enjoy golf, hockey, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, football, or anything ending in ball, etc. on TV without interruption), my dollhouse is finally moving upstairs where I can work on it.   I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Warm Regards ~~ kat 

• Like 1

Welcome! Sounds like the timing is right this time. Fun to have someone interested along with you. Good luck.

BTW, I have a DH just like yours - tv and sports - and his life is good! 

As the galleries get fixed from our latest upgrade and all the hiccups and bugs gettng worked out, I hope you'll be able to share some pictures if your build with everyone. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Kat (three cats and two dogs; are you sure you don't live next door to me?  except they also have four children...).  I find that I have to decorate the interior as I build and install windows and doors after it's all done, or no way I could get my hands in there to paint trims without painting the inserts as well.  I admire from the bottom of my heart those who are able to do so.  You have definitely come home!

• Like 1