What scale of furniture do I use?

I Got the Pierce dollhouse kit from greenleaf a few months ago. I'm not done yet but I always stress out about the scale of furniture I need to buy when I'm done. I have no idea how it works, please help

The box's says  ( scale size 1"=1' )  what exactly does that mean? and with that information can you tell me the scale of furniture I need to buy?.

Thank you 

Full scale size 1"=1' simply means that one inch equals one foot. So a 3 foot yardstick made for a dollhouse in this scale would be 3 inches long.

It is sometimes called 1:12 scale as well. Measurements are the same - just a different term. Can also be written 1/12th scale.
If you are shopping online or in a catalog for your Pierce, look for 1:1 or 1:12 in the description.

Half scale (1:24 or 1/24) measures 1 inch equals 24 inches.

Quarter scale (1:48 or 1/48) measures 1 inch equals 48 inches.

• Like 1

I Got the Pierce dollhouse kit from greenleaf a few months ago. I'm not done yet but I always stress out about the scale of furniture I need to buy when I'm done. I have no idea how it works, please help

The box's says  ( scale size 1"=1' )  what exactly does that mean? and with that information can you tell me the scale of furniture I need to buy?.

Thank you 

The Pierce (and any furnishings you want to put in it) are 1:12 scale, which means that full-sized measurements will be 1/12 that size in the 1:12 scale; a 6' tall man would be 6" tall in 1:12 scale (1"=1')  Since there are twelve inches in a foot of measurement, this is what it means.

Remember that life-size furniture comes in different sizes to fit different size life-size rooms, so you will want to test fit your furniture in the room to see what works best.