RE: Upgrade

Logan

Logan, one thing I miss is seeing member info when they post. Currently, I see their username, reputation (which is new), post count, member status, and picture. Used to we could also see location, which is useful, real name, and joined date. Would it be possible to add that back?

Disclosure, I use my phone almost exclusively. So these items may be available on desktop version, not sure if features are/could be different or not.

Thank you for all you do!

Tracy, I see your gender, location and real name on the sidebar when I look at your post. Maybe we can't see our own? I'm using an iPad Air 2.

edit: after I posted this I noticed I could see my own info, so maybe it's your device.

Edited by Dalesq

Tracy, I see your gender, location and real name on the sidebar when I look at your post. Maybe we can't see our own? I'm using an iPad Air 2.

Hmmm... I'll have to check on my computer next time I get on it. I can't see anybody's info. I am in a mobile view. I haven't figured out yet how to switch to a desktop mode on my phone. :(

wp_ss_20150808_0001.thumb.png.f0b515a987

It does not show on my phone (android) but it does on my PC. It was that way before the upgrade for me so I didn't notice anything different for that item.

Certain things are missing from mobile view yes to allow for more content viewing space. If all the post information was listed in mobile view (location, etc etc) it would be a very tight screen.

I've re-added joined date to desktop view as this was missing after upgrade. Did people want local time re-added as well?

Edited by Logan

Is there a way to add back the option to "view full site" from the mobile version?

Thank you for adding back joined date. I am.good either way on local.time. That's kinda neat to see and compare, but I'm not sure that's necessary, not for me anyway. Others can chime in here..:)

Where do we now click to access the Greenleaf home page?  And having the list of member categories in their colors and fonts was vey helpful for newcomers to identify the moderators and administrators, etc., for any needed assistance.  Will that be coming back?

Where do we now click to access the Greenleaf home page?  And having the list of member categories in their colors and fonts was vey helpful for newcomers to identify the moderators and administrators, etc., for any needed assistance.  Will that be coming back?

At the bottom of every page, below Contact Us is a link to Greenleaf Doll House Kits

• Like 1

Kelly, that drove me crazy at first too. Then I realized that on the left hand side, you can filter content. Choose Topics from the list, and anything else you are interested in (blogs, etc).

OH -kay........it's time to get more sleep in my life. Apparently I didn't roam around the forum enough. Thank you, Tracy.

Logan, I have twiddled with the settings in the "notifications", but I don't see anywhere to delete them and I have two pages of them now.

I've not found a way to delete them either nor have I found a way to delete old attachments or old conversations. Once the quotas are met on those, it will become a problem.

I've not found a way to delete them either nor have I found a way to delete old attachments or old conversations. Once the quotas are met on those, it will become a problem.

My point, exactly.

Ok, I figured out how to delete a conversation.  It's not very intuitive.  :\

Go to your inbox.  Click on a message/conversation you want to delete.  In the upper left there's a button that reads "message" with a drop down arrow.  Click that message button, then choose "leave conversation".  It will ask if you are sure, then it will delete if you click ok.

Thanks Brae. I'm still looking for how to delete attachments.  I'm over quota since the pics used in the team building blogs are counting toward that tally.  I'll wait and see if the pics come back to the blogs after the upgrade finishes syncing and if they don't, then I'll have to figure out how to delete them to open up some space.  On the other hand, if you to to "my attachments", it will show you all the pics you've put in your blogs and you can save them to your hard drive.  Holly, if that was a concern for you then it's good to know you can still access and save your pictures that way.  

• Like 1

I found something helpful to share!  To add a gallery picture to a post or blog without it effecting your attachment quota, post the picture in your gallery, then click on the little diagonal bar icon for "lightbox" in the upper right corner to give you a larger image.  Then in the lower left corner, click on "full size" and it will open the image in a new window where you can copy the url and paste it into your post so it will embed the image.  Cool!  I knew there had to be a way if I just explored a little bit more. 

I am having major issues with the gallery. I cant seem to view Page 2 of my gallery so I have some albums that just simply don't show. Before there was a way to replace photos you had already uploaded, with new ones, which was convenient because you didn't have to delete them and loose comments but now there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. I also can't organize the albums. They appear to be in reverse alphabetical order. 

Are there any use guides for the new gallery? I'm completely lost in how to use it. 

There is a fix waiting to happen for that problem. The tech folks are waiting on a tool from the software company to fix that and many other issues. They have assured us that it will be fixed as soon as they are able. They are aware of the problem. 

We don't need to worry that they are lost, just not available at the moment.

Some folks devised some work-arounds for some of the problems. Most are posted further back in this topic. 

• Like 1

OK, Tracy told me I could filter out what I don't want to see, and all I don't want to see under New Content is the Gallery pictures. There doesn't seem to be a way to filter them out. I'm interested in seeing ALL the threads, not just the few that I want to follow or post in. Is there any way I can do that?

Kelly, on the left hand side under "Content Type" I clicked "Topics" and the gallery items went away.  Under "Filter" I clicked "only topics I haven't read" to get rid of the topics I have read during that session.  I have to click that one each time I open the forum, I stay logged on and I stay in "New Content"; for whatever reason the "Topics" filter stays checked, but not the "Filter" item.

Kelly, my choices are the same as Holly's ... except my filter for "Only Topics I haven't read" stays checked, so when I go to the New Content page, I see all of the new content I haven't read.