Progress on my Orchid!!

I have no pictures, just wanted to share. I finished all of the flooring ages ago, and have finally made some decent progress the last week or two. After gluing the side walls on inside out... then cutting them off, sanding, scraping glue, sanding some more and re-priming, uh-hem...

- glued the front, floors, and side walls together CORRECTLY 

- cut up and glued a 1x2 to make a foundation support

- glued on the back foundation strip

-glued on the front roof piece

-sanded and primed the gable, dormers, and back roof pieces

-started sanding the front door pieces

-painted the hardware for the door and windows

-came up with a plan and bought materials to improve the window "glass"

Tomorrow I'll spackle and sand some things, but I suspect that I have to do RL things as well. The wood for the smaller pieces is just dreadful. I see a lot of sanding and spackling and fussing over these bits before it's all done. I plan to replace any simple strips of wood with the real deal, to save my sanity and hours of prep. I just love this little house, though! I have a lot of ideas for the finishing, so it's exciting to see it finally taking shape.

I've been reading about Gothic Revival architecture, and Corona really nailed this one. I was originally planning to replace some of the decorative trim for something a bit more elaborate and dainty, but what comes with the kit is actually historically accurate. Very cool!