Marquam Hill Mansion

krnbear11

If you have the standard 1:12 scale kit (which I think is the only way this kit comes) you would match the furniture to that scale so you would use 1:12 scale furniture.

You can check your kit measurements by using a ruler in the house to test. For example if the floor to ceiling is around 8 inches on your ruler, it would be 8 feet in real life making it match that of a 1:12 scale house. 1 inch in miniature equals 12 inches (1 foot) in real life. A room measuring 10 inches by 12 inches would be equal to a 10 feet by 12 feet room in real life with 8 inch ceiling height being equal to 8 feet in real life.

The MHM (for short) is 1:12 scale and uses 1:12 scale furniture. Depending on manufacturers when you buy 1:12 furniture it can still vary and be on the petite side or the almost too big side of 1:12. It's not an exact science..or maybe it is, but the manufacturers don't think so. This house has some large rooms that can handle 1:12 furniture that's on the bigger side of the scale. Anything too petite might get lost in that living room. Not purposefully trying to confuse you. I have an MHM I can't wait to build :)

I have several books with cutting lists to make 1:12 furniture, and I have also been known to measure the 1:1 pieces and copy them in 1:12 scale.  It's how I built the bunkbeds in Maggie's boys' bedroom:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=39301