Longevity of adhesive backed vinyl floor sheets?

BriJohn

Hey all. I was just looking on ebay and found the most beautiful adhesive backed vinyl flooring sheets. They are SO pretty but I hesistate a bit to buy them only becasue when I used to scrapbook, they made vinyl letters that were adhesive backed and they never stayed stuck down (although I realize they may have been using inferior glue) but not only that, the vinyl always curled around the edges. Has anyone had any experience with digitally printed vinyl sheets or tile for their dollhouse?

Here's the tile sheet just in case you're wondering:

Red Victorian TIle Sheet

This seller is from Greece and he has many more lovely patterns.

Thanks

Briana, when I clicked your link the forum's home page came up.

When I use adhesive backed anything I also use a bead of all-purpose glue around the perimeter; when I use self-adhesive vinyl tile pieces for flooring I also run beads of glue from corner to corner.   None of the floors I've used this on have come unstuck.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By adeshy1
      CJN Miniatures in Edmonds, WA recently moved to a new store at 23030 Hwy 99. It is a yellow 2-story building between Les Schwab & Public Storage. They not only have everything you need for a dollhouse, but also dolls, collectibles & antiques now. They offer consignment at 30% and have many artisan and older items in stock. Visit them at
      http://CJNMiniatures.com

CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT-1.docx
    • By cloudbound
      I've been looking for the smaller scale wood siding and flooring - in particular the sheets of wood that usually come in 3" X 24" sheets.  I would like it to be grooved and all that I can find in the 1/16" grooves is only sold if you buy 10 sheets of it.  That's like $25 - $30 plus shipping.  I only need a couple of sheets though.  Any suggestions?  It looks a little like 'bead and board' but I think its generally just grooved wood with either 32 or 16 grooves per inch.  Fat chance finding it, enh?

• By tenderfoot_timberwolf
      I had a few other projects I was hoping to finish by now, but I spent the last few weeks telling myself I could open up the kit during Spring Break. Yesterday I broke out the kit and started popping out the pieces so they could be painted, sanded, etc. The main floor of the dollhouse is warped - not terribly, but I need to do some research about how best to fix it before I glue anything else in place.
    • By Samusa
      This is the latest dryfit of the dining room. The floors have been installed on their template & will be painted & distressed I think. The fireplace interior brick has been painted awaiting grout. I need to figure out how to simulate a marble hearth (just a stand in piece of mat board with lines at the moment  )
      The windows are giving me trouble. It seems the pieces that have the window tracks in them have had a piece broken off them over the years and so are no longer wide enough to fit the bays. I've currently got them shimmed with paddle pop sticks, but need to come up with a more permanent solution.
    • By Samusa
      Finished up the floor for the dining room today. Still need to decide how to finish it. I'm leaning towards painting it white and then sanding back for a distressed worn look, but I might try a limewash colour first. 
      I have finally decided on adding the kitchen door to the front of the dividing wall and not the back. I think for furniture placement the back worked better but at the end of the day I just like the look of the door at the front.
      The stairs will get some fretwork from Earth and Tree. I'm trying to jazz them up a little because the HW narrow stairs are not my favourite due to their ridiculous scale but they were the only ones that fit if I wanted to add interior doors.