Garfield lighting...

hsouthard

So I'm at a stand still in the building process of my Garfield. I finally figured out the interior design but I am going back and forth between wiring the house for lights or just leaving them out of the house. If I do go forward with wiring, is the tape wire better than actual wiring? I've recently been told there are battery operated lights.

Everyone has their opinions about wiring but I'd like to keep it specific to the Garfield being that it is a large house and some of the rooms, once assembled, are hard to get to. I'd like to read about people's adventures with the wiring, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Thanks

When I visited Martha (MLyle) I got to see her Garfield she was updating and she was electrifying with round wire.  Matt (madtex67) is rehabbing a Garfield, I don't recall which method he's using; perhaps you might PM one of them.

There are pics in my Garfield gallery of me making channels in the floor above for ceiling lights below. Also some for running round wire from plug ins. Plug in wires I bought special baseboard to run the wire down to the plug. Take a peek. I am not sure how to post the URL here but go to my profile then my gallery ...ha forgot the name of the album ...but it has Garfield in the title. If you have any questions let me know. I am not really sure what I am doing but maybe that will help you

Ok let's try this:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5445

I always admire those that take the leap to electrify their dollhouses.   For me though it was too overwhelming and with all of the great battery operated LED lights now available that is the route I am taking.   This way I was free to go overboard with my artistic decorating without the worry of trying to incorporate and hiding wiring and then worrying that someday something would go amiss and I would have to try to dismantle things to locate the problem.   Since you're not into wallpaper then it may be easier if you follow others advice on how to hide the wires.  Wallpaper really does hide a lot of imperfections and looks so pretty so you'll have to use other methods to hide yours. Good luck and be brave!

• Like 1