Dura Craft Farmhouse Looks Like ...

Gonzo

This is going to be a little macabre. I noticed this a few months ago, but never posted. Tonight I figure why not share my thought to see if I am crazy or if other people see it.

Ed Gein is called a serial killer by many. He actually only killed two women, but stole a bunch of bodies from a graveyard. He made bowls out of skulls. He made a wastebasket out of human skin and, well, look him up. For those of you that haven't heard of him, Google him. Okay, so I was watching one of those Investigation Discovery shows and it was about Gein. They showed some film of his house. I backed up the video three or four times because the resemblance is UNCANNY.

You tell me ... How similar are his house and the Dura Craft Farmhouse??? Lose the dormers and the fancy trim and slide the front door over.

...and before anyone asks -- no, I don't think I am going to build it that way (although it is an idea).

post-8632-0-72897200-1431564536_thumb.jp

post-8632-0-96369700-1431564554_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Actually, there is a resemblance, but that's because the Duracraft is a typical farmhouse and so is your serial killer's house. There are several companies that made a farmhouse like Duracraft. Celerity and Lawbre are two that come to mind. Lawbre made a plain farmhouse and then they added a base and a double porch to it to become this house, the Galena:

post-2875-0-26593800-1431565648_thumb.jp

This is Celerity's farmhouse:

post-2875-0-37610200-1431565689_thumb.jp

As a matter of fact, someone's been posting a Lawbre Farmhouse on Craig's List in the Spokane Craig's List for $75. I did a quick search for it a minute ago, but the ad is gone now. It's been up for quite a while - maybe they finally sold it. Thing is, they don't mention the name, so I doubt they know it's a Lawbre house.

By the way, it sounds like your serial killer has been listening to Bo Diddley. Ever hear the song "Who Do You Love"? It's an old song and everyone has covered it.

"I walk 47 miles of barbed wire

I use a cobra snake for a necktie

I got a brand new house on the roadside

Made from rattlesnake hide

I got a brand new chimney made on top

Made out of a human skull

Now come on take a walk with me Arlene

And tell me who do you love?"

• Like 1

I also think it is hilarious that so many people have seen the original post and nobody "liked" it. I wonder why???  LOL

Hmmmm, I now know we have Ed Geine the movie in our collections (hubby is a cineast so collect movies...) so would probably have alot of inspiration If I decided to watch that one... Like creepy minis in one wayas lng as it is made with a twist, but not sure as reqlityhas a temdency to be wayyyyy scarier than my imagination....

Mightadd though that I have entertained the idea of The Bates motel...

Hugs

• Like 2