can anyone help me with my orchid

mer

This can be tricky. I use tacky glue and cut the acetate so it's larger than the window opening (as big as I can make it without it overhanging the edge of the trim). Then I apply a dab of glue in the corners and on the edges, as far from the open part of the window as possible, and press down. The glue smushes but hopefully stays out of the visible area. If some does squeeze into the visible area you can try to carefully clean it up with a toothpick or wet Q-tip before it dries.

• Like 1

I do something similar to what Emily describes except I cut the acetate to slightly smaller than the outside dimension of the inside window trim and then put the tiniest dab of glue on the corners of the acetate to "just hold" the acetate to the trim. I let that dry and am careful handling it because it's barely bonded. Then I put a thin film of glue on the trim surface that will be in contact with the wall, and glue in place. Basically I use the trim to trap the acetate in place rather than trying to glue the window in. It works great and no more glue film on the windows. :)

I also trim only enough of the acetate insert so it's slightly smaller than the outer edges of the frame.  After I run a fine bead of glue on at least two sides of the frame I use a toothpick to spread some of the glue along the other two sides of the frame.  I lay the frame glue side up on the workbench surface and hold the edges with one hand, and I hold the acette inert by the edges in the other hand and gently lay it onto the frame and press down around the edges.  Then I lay a piece of waxed paper on top and weight it with a book.