The Hunt for the White Orchid Contest Results

Mini Man

am I know that there were a lot more trying.

Well the good news is that we all made it through Friday the 13th, though plagued by bad luck and good fortune all at the same time. My initial concerns about an organized attack on our server proved partially true. The mad man behind this attack was none other than myself! It was poor planning on my behalf since I didn't give credit to what a group of hardcore miniaturist can do when well organized! The picture below is testimony to your mini might as you can see all four processors were pinned at 100%!

they-broke-it.jpg

The effects of this were obvious to everyone one involved! Many were unable to post and some couldn't access the forum at all. This was by no fault of there own so I couldn't move forward with the contest knowing that well over 50% of the participants had no chance at the grand prize. Odds are that we will encounter the same problem if we attempt this type on contest again, so in an effort to move forward the contest has somewhat changed shape.

I compiled a list of all members who had posted in the topics before they were closed. Additionally, I added in a handful of members that I know were unable to post at all due to this problem. From that list, I randomly selected a list of 13 members who are now the proud owners of the White Orchid! The Lucky winners are:

Brandy

chesterfieldzoo

Deborah

ellencouch

heidiiiii5

Jet

kellee

MiniMadWoman

Quirky

prariegurl

srmckee

Starfire

TinyJudi

There were also two double trouble winners of a $25 gift certificate from the Greenleaf Company Store. The winners are:

13th Post in the 8:00 Topic - Hellie

13th Post in the 8:20 Topic - booeybooey

Oh, I almost forgot, the Grand Prize Winner of the Birch Victorianna Product Sample is:

Robin

Congratulations to you all! I hope that everyone will accept these results in the spirit of fun and camaraderie which was the purpose on this contest. Please send me your shipping information by CLICKING HERE and put the phrase "I'm a winner" in the subject line.

I'm sorry that this contest didn't run smoothly, but there are more contest on the horizon which means more chances to win.

Thanks!

Dean

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to congratulate all the winners of last night's contest. Nice going :queen: Thanks again Dean for all your efforts :whistle: :thanks:

Congratulations to all the winners.

And Dean--I've just got to let you know that my main concern when I realized what was happening was that the site was going to crash and I would have lost so many valuable contacts, not whether I was going to win. This site is like a second home to me. I've made new friends, started a new hobby (actually several besides building houses but the little things that go with it), shared stories, received and hopefully gave support thru stressful times.

I think you did a GREAT job in stopping the problem as quickly as you did and you'll never know how much I appreciate this forum. It has helped me tremendously in getting off my fanny and not becoming a "couch potatoe".

The owners, administrators and the moderators of this site are awesome and go way beyond anyone's expectations of how a business, and online forum should work.

Thank you

Sounds like a fair game plan Dean and I would also like to add a congratulations to all the lucky winners!

Please share your progress to these lovley houses so that the rest of us can :woot: :whistle: :woot:

Hugs

Congrats to all the winners! AS soon as 5 pm hit I could do nothing with my computer so alas I did not get even one post in except to say I could not post....Great job Dean and Greenleaf....you lucky ladies/gents !!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!! What a wonderful surprise to see my name on the list. Especially after all the problems you had last night. It was so much fun playing, and I know you had to have done tons of work to get something that complicated together Dean. Again, thank you for all your efforts.

Congrats to all the other winners, and to the ones that didn't make this one I am sure there will be more fun to come.

WOW, what a terrific surprise!! I'm so happy to have won a 'White Orchid'! :queen: Okay, so I had to check several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things! :whistle:

Congratulations to all the other winners!!

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming contests!

Congrats to all the winners :cheers: . :woot: :queen: :whistle:

Dean, you and greenleaf also deserve a big thank you for everything that has been gone on not just with the white orchid hunt but everything during the whole month of October. :thanks:

A hearty congratulations to all the lucky winners! :bunny: :bunny:

Dean, you went above and beyond the call with this month's fantastic offerings. I for one will never forget this October's Miniature Madness. Thank you for all the fun and support that you've given us. :whistle: :queen: :cheers:

Congradulations to all the winners!!

Thankyou Dean for the great time ........even though there was lots of problems and headaches, I had a great time looking for the White Orchid. You are the best. My thanks to Greenleaf also for these great contests.

Thank you All for the congradulations, I cant believe I won one of the White Orchids, I am so hyped up about this........ :queen: :bounce8: :whistle:

Deborah :cheers:

I won something! :whistle: I won something! :queen:

I had to look a couple times and then I shook in my chair!

Congratulations are in order for all of the winners! And a great thank you to Greenleaf , Tracy and Dean! I also want to give a thank you for everyone who tried to participate and were great sports about the whole Friday the 13th thing!